Monday, March 8, 2021

Romance Book Squad - Victorian Rebels Wrap-Up

As we have reached March, we are finally at the end of the Victorian Rebels read-a-long hosted by the Romance Book Squad. If you haven't seen my pervious reviews of these books, Romance Book Squad is comprised of AleciaNatashaKrystal and Kerry and they hosted weekly lives on Saturdays for each book (as well as other random lives for fun). 

I'm excited that participating in this club gave me the excuse to start this series, which is one of Kerrigan Byrne's most hyped series. I'll list links to the reviews below as they are posted, but as you know from them I had a rocky start with the series. The first book just was overhyped for me and didn't quite do what I was expecting it to both story wise and in reading experience. 

Overall this series ends up with a 4.42 rating not including the novella (which I haven't gotten to yet). What's fun is the 7th book was also retitled to be the first book in the Goode Girls series. I'll definitely continue reading Kerrigan Byrne and getting through her backlist. While I am looking forward to the Goode Girls series, I think next I want to get to her newer Devil You Know series. The third book comes out tomorrow (March 9th, 2021) and this series intrigues me a lot more. Plus I absolutely love (as you can see from my ratings) the way that Kerrigan writes her Scottish heroes. As much as I love the covers for Victorian Rebels, the Devil You Know covers just do it for me. They are sooooo pretty and I'm tempted to buy them in paperback before I read them just to have the prettiness on my shelves. (Yay! Consumerism! Also Yay! Pretty books!) 

1. The Highwayman πŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽ

2. The Hunter 🍎🍎🍎🍎

3. The Highlander 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

4. The Duke 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

5. The Scot Beds His Wife 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

6. The Duke With the Dragon Tattoo 🍎🍎🍎🍎

7. A Dark and Stormy Knight 🍎🍎🍎🍎


The next read-a-long will be Pam Godwin's Sea of Ruin and intro novella during March. They'll also being interviewing Pam later in the month! I'm not sure I'll participate since I'm torn on if I want to read Sea of Ruin or not, but I definitely enjoy the personalities of all our hosts and love lurking in the discord and watching the lives. If you'd like to join, check out the hosts above! I believe they all have a link to the discord in their profiles.

Did you participate in the Victorian Rebels read-a-long? If so, how did you like the series?

Bookishly Yours, 

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...