Monday, March 15, 2021

Legendary Warrior by Donna Fletcher


🍎🍎🍎🍎

The first book I read in March was my own choice. It technically wasn't for any book clubs or readathons, but The Book Refuge's buddy read for February was Legendary Warrior by Donna Fletcher. This is the first book in her Warrior duology.

I really liked this book as was happy to finally get to another Donna Fletcher after reading Bound to a Warrior earlier this year. This was different, but I believe it was her first book. The romance was throughout the book, but it was more in Magnus's and Reegan's heads if that makes sense. Like months passed and they were thinking about each other. While we saw Magnus touching her subtly and them kissing, the tension wasn't quite as high as I was expecting. I did feel they were in love and can see them in their HEA. However, there was some random time jumps where months passed, but it seemed like despite being told they were still kissing and getting closer and spending all this time together, there wasn't much progress in their relationship. So it was kind of a slow burn with most of the slowness off the page. 

What didn't make this a 5-star for me was the plot with Magnus's half-brother and how suddenly it came to a culmination. While it was drawn out and everyone was waiting for him to enact his evil plans, it also felt absent at times. Then boom last chapter everything culminates. On one hand it was nice that so much focus was on the relationship for Magnus and Reegan, it felt almost like she ran out of pages for the big climax for his half-brother. 

One thing I did love was the surprise second relationship we see between Reegan's best friend Brigid and Magnus's right-hand man Thomas. They were both so sweet and it was fun to kind of see each relationship progress on a similar timeline, but with different misgivings for each heroine on going all in. It was a fun twist to have Reegan and Brigid going through similar relationship tests and being able to discuss and lean on each other when struggling.

Overall I loved it, and I loved the teaser for The Dark One and Magnus's ward Mary. While reading I was guessing they were going to get a book and when I read the blurb for Dark Warrior, I was pleased to see I was right! I'll definitely be getting to it, maybe for the Kindle Clear Out Readathonwhich is going on now! I am really happy to get to my second Donna Fletcher and I absolutely adore her writing and the way it makes me feel. She is quickly becoming a favorite author of mine and can't wait to read more!

Have you read Legendary Warrior?

Bookishly Yours, 

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Legendary Warrior, Donna Fletcher, 4-stars, 3 days, eBook, 384 pages, published in 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...