Thursday, March 4, 2021

Bad Boy Best Friend by Hope Ford

🍎🍎🍎

After reading Fluff a few days before, I was in the mood for something similarly sweet, steamy and quick. Looking for another friends-to-lovers book that fit that need, I picked up Hope Ford's Bad Boy Best Friend. This is the first book I've read by Hope Ford.

While quick and cutesy, it just didn't quite hit the mark. The steam and chemistry between the two was decent. We have Laney, who just moved back to her parents house in her small town. Austin owns the local mechanic shop and they've been best friends forever. I feel like a big part of me not enjoying this one as much, is I was more told they were best friends than shown. It just didn't quite seem as believable sometimes. I also found it weird that her parents knew "all along" they were going to get together. And while Fluff was a little unbelievable with both being virgins, this was a little too much the other way. Austin was a complete "bad boy" that never had a real relationship and Laney had a failed engagement.

Once again I didn't quite like the "3rd act" conflict, although it's hard to call it a 3rd act when these books are so short. While it didn't quite hit the spot, I did enjoy Hope Fords writing and will definitely try her books again. I just wanted either more character development between the two, or have them both more fleshed out to begin with. This was kind of in the middle with trying to show the development, but not getting quite all the way there. Like I said, it was fine.

Have you read Bad Boy Best Friend?

Bookishly Yours, 

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Bad Boy Best Friend, Hope Ford, 3-stars, 0 days, eBook, 138 pages, published 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...