Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Medusa by Alessa Thorn

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

After flying through Asterion, I immediately started Medusa, the second book in Alessa Thorn's The Court of the Underworld series. Now, if you know me, I am absolutely terrified of snakes. Just writing that line gave me the chills. I was hoping I wouldn't get nightmares (it's super easy to trigger my snake nightmares), but I loved what we saw of Medusa in Asterion. But I pushed on to get through as many books the last weekend for FaRoFeb

Despite being on the fence about the whole snake thing, I really enjoyed Medusa. She just has a couple that hide under her hair that do come out a couple of times. Medusa is just the biggest nerd. She had Doctor Who and Slytherin (ha ha) pajamas. She's also CEO of a tech company that owns and develops one of the main gaming systems. She also reads romance novels and is a little bit of a hermit. On the other end of town, Perseus receives one more "deal" to steal. As he tried to retire from thievery, now that his younger sister Dany is kidnapped, he's tasked to steel a necklace from Medusa that allows the wearer to not be turned to stone. Oh, Medusa also developed some glasses that refract her gaze so that she can look at humans without creating statues everywhere. 

Perseus is kind of blind, his grandfather threw acid in his face so his vision is more auras and general shapes. He's also an artist and mainly paints abstracts. Upon stealing the necklace (quite easily), he gets distracted by the artwork Medusa has and starts looking around. Surprised, he comes across Medusa relaxing on a lounge with a glass of wine, a romance novel and bringing herself to pleasure. Stunned by her golden aura and the scene he walked into, he can't help but stop and stare. So starts their love story. I loved this book so much, even more than Asterion. I loved that Perseus kept sneaking into Medusa's lair and was always honest with her. He also kept flirting with her and she couldn't quite handle all the attention and flirtations.

The only thing I didn't like was in a more intimate moment, she bites him. That was fine, but as she does so her hair snakes come out and make little bites on him too. Just, too much for me. But I quickly moved past that portion and kept on. I loved seeing the softer side of Medusa and have always felt a little bad for her in her myth. This was such a great addition to the series and I also like the way that Alessa is advancing the overarching plot without it dragging on too much. Once again, I couldn't recommend this series more!

Have you read Medusa?

Bookishly Yours, 

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Medusa, Alessa Thorn, 5-stars, 0 days, eBook, 191 pages, published in 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...