Tuesday, March 16, 2021

A Dark and Stormy Knight by Kerrigan Byrne


๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ

The final full length book of Kerrigan Byrne's Victorian Rebels series is A Dark and Stormy Knight. As I mentioned in my wrap-up for the read-a-long, this was also re-name and re-released as Seducing a Stranger and is also the first book in her Goode Girls Series.

To round out the series, our Chief Inspector Carlton Morley, a.k.a. Cutter finally gets his HEA. As he is doing his nightly vigilante investigations, he runs into Prudence at an outdoor brothel. She is there several months before her wedding to lose her innocence since she's overheard her sister and friend (as well as most everyone else) talking about how many bastards he has and that he loves the ladies. Prudence and Morley end up staying together and he disappears before either of them can even give their names. They're brought back together on Prudence's wedding day when he walks in to her holding the knife that killed her fiancรฉ. So begins the quick but crazy roller coaster that is their story.

I loved how Morley was so excited to be a father and was secretly working on a nursery. I also loved how drawn together they both were. Now I know that they both had their issues, but what I didn't like is how long he still did not trust Prudence and kept hurting her. It really hurt my heart how lonely she was and that he didn't notice it. The book also felt shorter and more rushed than the others. I guess looking at page counts, it is about 100 pages shorter than the others. I haven't looked too much into what sisters are going to get HEAs in the spin-off, but I do hope that Honoria gets one. Her horrible husband ends up dying in this and I really want her to find her own Knight.

Overall this was a fun intermediary book that takes us from the Victorian Rebels into the Goode Girls. While I wanted more from this and wasn't completely sold on Morley's emotions throughout most of this, it was still good. I feel like with Kerrigan Byrne, even if you aren't into the trope or plot of the story, the way she writes is still so engaging. I'll definitely keep reading her books, and as I mentioned in my wrap-up I'll probably pick up her Devil You Know series next.

Have you read A Dark and Stormy Knight?

Bookishly Yours, 

Stasi๐ŸŽ


STATISTICS: A Dark and Stormy Knight, Kerrigan Byrne, 4-stars, 2 days, eBook, 252 pages, published in 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...