Tuesday, February 2, 2021

The Highlander by Kerrigan Byrne

 

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

The next book for the Romance Book Squad's Victorian Rebels read-a-long is The Highlander by Kerrigan Byrne. This is book 3 in series, and we finally have a winner. Before we get into my review, the Romance Book Squad is hosted by AleciaNatashaKrystal and Kerry

This is what I was waiting for from Kerrigan Byrne. I absolutely adored this book and Mena and Liam. I was excited going into this book, even more since I've been in a highlander mood lately (Thank you Donna Fletcher). Liam is known as the Demon Highlander (from his efforts in the war) and Philomena is his new governess for his two teenagers. First off, this book starts dark (like most of the series so far), but this one really got to me more than the others. Philomena has been declared insane by her horrible, horrible husband and mother-in-law and is going through atrocities in an asylum. Thankfully she gets saved by our heroes from the first two books, but not without severe emotional damage being done. 

Philomena was such a strong character, but still managed to stay nice and have a fairly positive view of her life and the world despite the horrors she's been through. The meet-cute for them was so divine, I was grinning my ears off just knowing what was to come. Also, I love all of Liam's brogue throughout the book and he's just so swoony. If I make a book boyfriend list at the end of the year, Liam will definitely be on it. I really enjoyed the evolution of their relationship and how Mena was able to help repair the relationship Liam had with his kids and estranged brothers. I'm loving this rag-tag group of bad boys and their wives that's being built. I did see Liam's villain coming (it was pretty obvious to me who the creeper was), but am very happy to finally be on the 5-star Kerrigan Byrne train. I read this so quickly and immediately went into her next book, The Duke.

Have you read The Highlander?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: The Highlander, Kerrigan Byrne, 5-stars, 0 days, eBook, 358 pages, Published 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...