Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Cael by Annabelle Rex

🍎🍎🍎🍎

The third book I read for the Kindle Clear Out Readathon was Annabelle Rex's Cael. This is the second book in her Intergalactic Soulmates series and focuses on Prince Cael. I used this for the novella or short book prompt on my bingo board.

Our heroine Asha is mechanic and also takes on small jobs for money. She is paying back loan sharks for alien technology eye replacement for her nephew Mikey. She only has three months left, but he decides instead that she's going to take the DNA Match in exchange for the remaining debt. If she is matched, she's supposed to steal a translator and bring it back. There is a big tea party even happening (the books are set in Britain) and there's an anti-alien hate group that causes riots and ruins the event. Asha ends up saving Cael and they get separated from his bodyguards and everybody else. Asha was such a strong character, but I did think that she was a little too against the match the further we got in the story. I feel like she should've softened to Cael a little sooner and slowly so that it didn't seem like a complete 180.

I did enjoy Cael, but I did wish that he was a bit more alien. I do understand and that he was the easiest to appear human since he was the dignitary and it helped so humans wouldn't be quite as afraid, but I wanted more alien. Overall I enjoyed this quick fated mates-esque novella and am intrigued to see how the overarching plot with the hate group wraps up. I did immediately jump to the third book, Garrant, so there's that. I know this review is a little shorter, but it was cute and fine and a good break from all the historical romance I've been reading. Just not much else to say about this one.

Have you read Cael?

Bookishly Yours, 

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Cael, Annabelle Rex, 0 days, eBook, 141 pages, published in 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...