Friday, February 5, 2021

The Duke With the Dragon Tattoo by Kerrigan Byrne

🍎🍎🍎🍎

 The 6th book in the Victorian Rebels read-a-long is The Duke With the Dragon Tattoo by Kerrigan Byrne. As mentioned before, The Romance Book Squad is hosting this read-a-long and is comprised of AleciaNatashaKrystal and Kerry.

I was very excited to read The Rook's book and though it was good, just not as good as the previous few books. I didn't see it coming before this, but a little bit in I did get the hints that the Rook is actually the true Dorian (that's believed to been dead since book 1). I liked Lorelai too, especially her propensity to heal and take care of the wounded creatures she came across, including Rook.

One thing about this that I really enjoyed was how much little angst was sprouted from their separation 20 years prior. I was almost expecting it to be a huge issue and cause undue miscommunication. While it did take a bit for them to get to that conversation, once it was had they didn't dwell on it and moved on. I can't quite say why this book didn't quite hit 5-stars for me. I just felt like something was missing. I still really enjoyed this book. I also liked that we got a little bit of light on Inspector Morley's connection to our band of criminals and his background. His book is next. The epilogue (and throughout the book) also eludes to a romance between Sebastian and Victoria. It has been announced that book 8 will be his, so that's exciting. No release date yet though or confirmation that Victoria is his pair. Although there is a novella before his as well.

Have you read The Duke With the Dragon Tattoo?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: The Duke With the Dragon Tattoo, Kerrigan Byrne, 4-stars, 1 day, eBook, 333 pages, Published 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...