Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Seasonally Booked Up - Winter of the Wallflower Wrap Up

 Winter is almost over! We have also reached the end of the Seasonally Booked Up Book Club's winter theme - Winter of the Wallflower. If you haven't seen my reviews from books I read for this, It is hosted by Kelly and Dana. There is a discord (you can message either one to get access) and they do a live video Friday afternoons to discuss the book of the week.

Now, I didn't read all of the books this time. If I didn't, I'll still list them just with a link to their goodreads page instead of my review. The theme for winter was wallflowers, but they did something fun and went decade by decade ending with a current release. A big part of the discussion on discord was what makes a wallflower and how the character trait has evolved over time.

Now, I have to say I stopped participating as actively in discord after reading Christina Dodd's book. A lot of people didn't like this book and had issues with it. I am very much okay with people liking different books and completely understand that everyone will take something different from a book. Even more so, I myself can get something from a book or my rating will change just even with my mood or just in a different perspective in life. Before I go too much further into why I stopped being as active, I do want to say that never at any point did I feel like there would've been anything mean said or would've been trashed for liking a book most everyone did not. I just didn't want to post how much I enjoyed it though since I didn't want to have to dissect my enjoyment too much, or even defend it. I liked the book and sometimes I really don't want to get into the meanings behind everything and what the author is trying to say. I just want to enjoy it and move on to the next book. But anyways, this read-a-long was a little bit of a roller coaster for me but they did try to pick books neither of them had read but were recommended by others. That and I also didn't want to post too much for books I didn't read.

So, as you can see I missed or skipped a lot of the books in February. This was mostly due to me being super entrenched in FaRoFeb (as I'm sure you've seen all my posts about this past month) and wanted to mostly stick to Fantasy Romance. Without further ramblings, here are the books!

Week 1: The Gilded Web by Mary Balogh, Pub. 1989 🍎🍎🍎

Week 2: Dangerous by Amanda Quick, Pub. 1993 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

Week 3: That Scandalous Evening by Christina Dodd, Pub. 1998 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

Week 4: Secrets of a Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas, Pub. 2006 - I didn't re-read this but I rated it 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

Week 5: His Mistress by Morning by Elizabeth Boyle, Pub. 2006 🍎🍎🍎

Week 6: The Duchess War by Courtney Milan, Pub. 2012 🍎🍎🍎🍎

Week 7: The Ruin of a Rake by Cat Sebastian, Pub. 2017 - I didn't get to this one

Week 8: Love is a Rogue by Lenora Bell, Pub. 2020 - I didn't get to this one, but I do own it in paperback and have loved Lenora Bell's previous books

Week 9: Her Wicked Marquess by Stacy Reid, Pub. 2020 - I didn't get to this one either, but I also own in paperback. I loved the first book in the series (which I read for the Historical Romance Readathon) and I love Stacy Reid, so I'm hoping to get to it soon!

On March 8th they announced on instagram that spring is going to be the Spring of Spies. I'm not sure how much I'll be participating since I'm not the biggest spy fan (even though a lot of historicals use that as a plot device), but I've enjoyed a few of the authors before and have a couple of them on my tbr already. Feel free to check out Dana's and Kelly's links above if you'd like to join! Also, member TheReadingYearOfHattie made fun badges for the books and I just had to share the ones I earned! 

Did you participate in the Winter of the Wallflower? If so, what did you think of the reads?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...