Friday, March 12, 2021

Kindle Clear Out Readathon

Wrap Up is posted!!

 Happy Friday!

Announced in February and hosted by JessenReadsRomance, TheBookRefuge, Whitty Reads, Falling4romance, Crystal's Bookish Life, averielovesbooks and Stephs Romance Book Talk; it's the 2nd round of the Kindle Clear Out Readathon! I ended up participating last minute last year and it was actually my first official readathon. Taking part was a big reason that I decided to start this blog. You can check out my badly done photos and few posts on instagram. What's fun is this round they're doing a create your own bingo board. There are two sizes, 3x3 and 4x4 and a list of prompts. If you'd like to see some of the blank templates I have them attached to the event in my calendar at the bottom of the page. I decided to do the smaller bingo board since I'm a mood reader and the readathon is only a week.

Here is my board! I just kind of randomly placed items, but am hoping to get a couple bingos, if not a black out. It's helpful that one prompt was a novella/short book and that there's no genre stipulations. I can just go hog wild!

I do want to point out though, my stats are going to look crazy high for books on my kindle when I started and finished, if I decide to post them. Right now I have over 6,000 books on my kindle and my storage is as full as it can get. I do however manually sync my kindle. Every month or so, after I've gotten through a good chunk or have some new books I want to add to it, I'll go through and adjust things. I'll remove series I'm not in the mood for and make room for what I'm adding. This is a little old school, but my kindle is the first generation fire and this just seems to work for me. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Just don't remind me that I'll spend a morning editing metadata and making sure that everything has a cover and is formatted how I prefer before syncing.

I'm going to not try to not give myself too strict of a tbr again, but here are some books I'm planning/hoping to get to since they're also doubling for some of my book clubs or something I've been wanting to read a lot lately.

🍏 Favorite Trope: My absolute favorite trope is wrong sibling. For this I'm hoping to start Donna Fletcher's Sinclare Brother's series. The first book slightly has this trope since she gets married thinking it'll be to the 2nd brother, but Cavan surprisingly comes back after people thought he was dead and ends up married to her instead. Although, announced last night during the Rake Appreciation Society live show (hosted by Crystal and Jenn), April's book is Lorraine Heath's Texas Destiny which also fits this trope. It would also fit with the Buddy Read prompt.

🍏 For oldest tbr, I'm thinking of going with one of the oldest published books on my kindle instead of what's been on there the longest. One of the oldest that's also a romance is Seized by Love by Susan Johnson. It was published in 1978. It could have some problematic issues, but it sounds like it could be fun for an older book.

🍏 The March book for Historical Hellions is Once and Always by Judith McNaught. I might do this for the buddy read prompt. Jenn with The Book Refuge (and one of our hosts) is also doing a buddy read of Elizabeth Hoyt's To Beguile a Beast for her discord. I might try either of these or even both.

🍏 For POC author I have a lot of choices, but I'm debating between starting one of Stacy Reid's series I haven't read yet or finally starting Jackie Lau's Cider Bar Sisters. These are two of my favorite POC authors and I can always count on them for a good, fun read.

🍏 For anticipated read I never got to I'm going to aim to read My Kind of Earl, the second book in Vivienne Lorret's The Mating Habits of Scoundrels series. I absolutely loved the first book Lord Holt Takes a Bride and was surprised I didn't read My Kind of Earl when it came out September last year. This one was a little hard to narrow down though since a lot of my anticipated reads I preordered and have in paperback. This is one of the few I didn't, at least with the more recent releases.

My goal is to at least read 6 books, which is 2 more than I did last year. That will also net me at least one bingo. They are doing prizes as well this round and Jen has them posted on her instagram.

Will you be participating in the Kindle Clear Out Readathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...