Thursday, February 4, 2021

The Scot Beds His Wife by Kerrigan Byrne

 

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

Book 5 in the Victorian Rebels series is The Scot Beds His Wife by Kerrigan Byrne. As I'm sure you know if you've read my other reviews of this series, I am reading these as a read-a-long by Romance Book Squad hosted by AleciaNatashaKrystal and Kerry

After immensely enjoying The Highlander, I was very excited to get back to Scotland and get the HEA for his brother Gavin. This book starts out on a train robbery in America and doesn't let up from there. I love tropes like this where it's secret identity and they try to stay away from each other, but just can't help being drawn together. I loved Sam (masquerading as Alison) and thoroughly enjoyed her schooling all the highlanders she was surrounded by what's actually need to run a successful cattle business. She was also a great sharpshooter and loved that her pistols were Antony and Julius. Gavin was the charming Scot as expected and hiding a heart of gold. I loved that Sam realized almost instantly that his issue wasn't that he didn't feel, but felt too deeply. 

The villain felt so appropriate and not too much. I did wish that even though there was the big secret that she wasn't actually Alison, that he still didn't force her to leave without listening to her. I did understand it though and found myself tearing up when she was on the train to the Netherlands. It just broke my heart that she finally found a place she felt she belonged and a home, but was sent away from it. Overall I loved this book so much, and loved the sneaky plotlines about the infamous pirate Rook. His book is next and I can't wait to start it! I'm a little ahead with the read-a-long, but I figured I'd try to finish them before I got too sucked into fantasy romance for FaRoFeb.

Have you read The Scot Beds His Wife?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎



STATISTICS: The Scot Beds His Wife, Kerrigan Byrne, 5-stars, 1 day, eBook, 394 pages, Published 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...