Monday, March 22, 2021

Kindle Clear Out Readathon Wrap Up

 Happy Spring Equinox!

Last Friday was the end of the second round of the Kindle Clear Out Readathon hosted by JessenReadsRomanceTheBookRefugeWhitty ReadsFalling4romanceCrystal's Bookish Lifeaverielovesbooks and Stephs Romance Book Talk! I had a lot of fun, and due to our regular mid-March blizzard I ended up not being able to go to work on Monday. I ended up with almost a full extra day of reading (outside of having to shovel a couple feet of snow). 

I passed my goal of 6 books, but did end up reading some extras that doubled for prompts and didn't quite next me a bingo at 6. I did end up not reading a buddy read which left me one short of a black-out. I ended up ready other books not on my tbr first, but did manage to start and finish my oldest tbr book late Friday night. While this readathon doesn't quite "clear out" my kindle as it does for others, it was fun to read some of the books I've been meaning to get to. As explained in my tbr post, my kindle is the 1st generation fire. To get books added I mostly manually edit metadata and transfer it over. Also, I have nothing else on it but books, so there's over 7,000 and I keep my kindle pretty full most of the time. I've been better about deleting books once finished and syncing it more often, but there are times when I need to spend several hours updating purchases and making sure everything's how I like it. If I do it weekly or bi-weekly it usually doesn't take as long if I can stay caught up. But back to the readathon... One reason I love this readathon is that it's not genre specific, so I'm able to fit prompts with my mood reading a little easier. Although I did better choosing my tbr and following it this time, it helped that I waited until closer to the readathon to put together my tbr.

Like previous wrap-ups, I'll list the books read in order read below with the rating and prompts it covered. There are several of them that cover multiple prompts, but I'll just go ahead and post the ones that I assigned on the bingo board. I'll also link to the review once it's posted. There are only a couple right now as I've been reading quite a bit lately and have quite a back log, but I'll add the links as they are uploaded.


1. My Kind of Earl by Vivienne Lorret 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 - Anticipated Read Never Got To

2. Randar by Annabelle Rex 🍎🍎🍎🍎 - New Author

3. Cael by Annabelle Rex 🍎🍎🍎🍎 - Short Book or Novella

4. Garrant by Annabelle Rex 🍎🍎🍎🍎

5. Tarkken by Annabelle Rex 🍎🍎🍎🍎

6. Return of the Rogue by Donna Fletcher 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 - Favorite Trope (Wrong Sibling)

7. Her Big City Neighbor by Jackie Lau 🍎🍎🍎🍎 - Favorite Author

8. His Grumpy Childhood Friend by Jackie Lau 🍎🍎🍎🍎 - POC Author

9. Bound by Honor by Cora Reilly 🍎🍎🍎🍎

10. Seized by Love by Susan Johnson 🍎🍎 - Oldest TBR


I ended up reading 10 books, 4 over my goal! I also had a lot of good reads with 2 5-stars and 7 4-stars and 1 2-star. It helped that most of the books I chose where from authors that I already loved or had heard great things about. My favorite read is either My Kind of Earl or Return of the Rogue. Although I'm super excited to finally start Cora Reilly's books since I know I'll love some of the later books in her series. As is probably easy to guess, my least favorite was Seized by Love, but I'll go more into that in my review. This was super fun and I can't wait for the next readathon! Hopefully it won't be too soon though since I have some book club books to get through first. 

Did you participate in the Kindle Clear Out Readathon? If so, how did you do this week?

Bookishly Yours, 

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...