Sunday, March 21, 2021

Randar by Annabelle Rex

🍎🍎🍎🍎

The second book I read for the Kindle Clear Out Readathon was Randar by Annabelle Rex. This is the first book in her Intergalactic Soulmates series. This both works for the novella or short book prompt, as well as the new author prompt. I chose for it to be on new author on my bingo board.

So after reading a lot of historical romance lately, I wanted a little bit of change before jumping into one of my other planned books for the readathon. However, most are full length and also historical. I just kind of scrolled through my kindle for a bit looking for someone I hadn't tired yet, and settled on Randar.

In this world, aliens have come to Earth and are working to integrate humans into the intergalactic community. They've brought fun new technology, including the DNA match test. This is a test that provides you a Match (once they're in the system) to kind of your fated mate. It is super successful and gave this short series a fated mates feel. Randar is a body guard to the Prince Cael (who is the hero of book 2) and ends up matched with Angela. Her friend drunkenly signs up her up after a bad date and she gets matched. As aliens are still fairly new, there aren't too many humans signing up for the program and there is a lot of picketing and protests against aliens. 

There is a lot of commentary in these books, and usually more than I care to read about so blatantly, but I did still enjoy these books. What's fun about these is that despite them being matched, it's made clear that both parties have to work on the relationship and still do the work to really have a successful relationship. Angela and Randar's first meeting is rough as each are making assumptions based on their experiences and not the fact that they are with a different species. Angela deals with a lot of abandonment and body issues, but I loved that Randar was very communicative once they broke through that barrier. I didn't like the congressman type villain that was causing Angela's insecurities to rise again, it just felt unnecessary. I did love that she overcame them and didn't lean on Randar to stand up for herself. Even though this was a shorter novella, I enjoyed the overarching plot and was intrigued to read more. I immediately jump into Cael, the second book.

Have you read Randar?

Bookishly Yours, 

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Randa, Annabelle Rex, 4-stars, 0 days, eBook, 110 pages, published in 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...