Sunday, February 28, 2021

Fluff by Jenika Snow

🍎🍎🍎🍎

So Sunday night, despite being in the middle of a book for FaRoFeb, I was in the mood for something light and quick and sickly sweet. After syncing my kindle earlier in the day, I decided to try Jenika Snow for the first time. Fluff is a standalone with the friends to lovers trope. 

Once again, I am enamored with this cover. Granted the scenery doesn't quite fit with most of the book, it's still super pretty. This is about Daphne and Alfie, two friends that have pretty much been in love with each other for years. They both had held their feelings from each other, afraid to lose their long-standing friendship. I really enjoyed the chemistry between them and wish there was just a little bit more. While I know the point of these is to be a quicker read, it felt like we jumped in a few chapters in. Also, the attempted assault on Daphne was the incident that finally caused them to both admit their feelings. Well, I guess Alfie tried to tell her earlier while they were watching a movie, but she was asleep and didn't hear him. I didn't like the way it was forced. I almost wish it was that she had heard him, but still pretended to sleep. Or heard him in her sleep and brought it up later. I don't know, the assault situation just felt forced.

When they finally confessed their feelings, things got pretty steamy and I really enjoyed the way Jenika wrote the more intimate scenes. It really showed the love and other emotions behind their coupling. It was also cute that they were both virgins and hadn't even kissed anyone else since they'd been in love with each other for so long. That's were I felt it was a little too neat of bow, especially since he moved away for a job for a year or something. I just feel like with college and being separated for a while, there would've been a chance (even if they were drunk or something) to at least have kissed someone else. But of the things that seemed unbelievable to me, I don't know why I'm focusing on that. 

Like I said before, this was a cute, quick and pretty steamy read. Although, I didn't need the three two-page epilogues. Too much and too quick. I feel like it could've been one with more extrapolations instead of three different time jumps. I'll definitely be reading more of Jenika, especially when looking for another sweet one-night read to give me the "warm fuzzies."

Have you read Fluff?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Fluff, Jenika Snow, 4-stars, 0 days, eBook, 152 pages, published 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...