Tuesday, January 26, 2021

My Darling Duke by Stacy Reid

 

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

The last book I read for the Historical Romance Read-a-thon hosted by LaceyBookLoversPeaceLoveBooksxo, and remarkablylisa was My Darling Duke by Stacy Reid. I have read Stacy Reid's paranormal romances before and really enjoyed them. I've had her historicals on my tbr for a while and am happy to finally get to them. I was debating between this and the Beast of Beswick for my final read. After reading the blurb for My Darling Duke again, I was more in the mood for something new.

Despite Stacy Reid's historical romances being on my tbr already, I was specifically drawn to My Darling Duke partly because it's from her newer series the Sinful Wallflowers, and partly because the Smart Women Read Romance podcast recently had an episode on it! (Just an FYI, SWReadRom is my favorite romancelandia podcast!)

I loved this book even more than I though I would. I knew already that I liked Stacy Reid's writing and based on reviews I've heard and the blurb I knew this would be something I would really enjoy. It definitely lived up to the hype and even exceeded it. This was such a great way to finish the HRReadathon!

Kitty was so strong in her choices and dedicating herself to the betterment of her family. I also loved that instead of going the haters to lovers route (as one would almost expected from the premise), that Stacy Reid instead chose to have Alexander, the Duke of Thornton intrigued by her ruse that they are engaged. There were twists and turns that kept me loving the unexpected directions. Even though the SWReadRom episode was pretty spoiler heavy, I did still enjoy how everything played out and was still delightfully surprised by how their romance progressed. I will most definitely continue on with the series and the second book, Her Wicked Marquess, was just released on December 29th, 2020. These books (and probably most of her backlist) will be going on my "Want to Own the Paperback" list.

Have you read My Darling Duke?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: My Darling Duke, Stacy Reid, 5-stars, 2 days, eBook, 377 pages, Published 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...