Monday, January 18, 2021

Dangerous by Amanda Quick

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

Book 3 of 2021 was Dangerous by Amanda Quick. This was the the book for week two of the Seasonally Booked Up - Winter of the Wallflower book club hosted by Kelly and Dana. This is a standalone historical romance.

I loved this book. This is way more my speed when it comes to historical romances. It grabs you from the first page. I love the more quirkier characters and instantly fell in love with Pru and Sebastian. Why oh why are there so many broody and swoony Sebastians in historical romances? I feel like I need to rank my favorite historical Sebastians. Anyways, back to the book. Prudence is a regency ghost hunter and Sebastian has an interesting hobby in that he solves cases for a bow street runner. They both were so well matched in their intellectual thinking and love of solving puzzles. The murder case was a little predictable, but I don't read these for the who-dun-it. I loved the banter and relationship between our hero and heroine and couldn't put it down. If I hadn't started this at 9pm, I would've read it in one sitting. The couple also get married about half-way through the book. I love it when they get married earlier on and we get to see married life for the couple and that issues do arise after the proposal and/or wedding. It just makes the HEA (happy ever after) so much more believable. I laughed so much with this book and wish so much this was a series so we could see their hijinks in the background while also getting their friend's and family's HEAs! Oh, and Sebastian has a cat named Lucifer. Need I say more?

Overall I thought this book was a wonderful delight and just what I needed to help prevent going into a book slump after The Gilded Web. I will definitely be picking up more Amanda Quick and can't wait to get into her backlist.

Have you read Dangerous?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

STATISTICS: Dangerous, Amanda Quick, 5-stars, 1 day, eBook, 352 pages, Published 1993



No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...