Wednesday, January 20, 2021

That Scandalous Evening by Christina Dodd

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 

Book three for the Seasonally Booked Up - Winter of the Wallflower club is That Scandalous Evening by Christina Dodd. It's the first in her Governess Brides series. Seasonally Booked Up is hosted by Kelly and Dana.

So, this was surprising a re-read for me. I recognized the name (Christina Dodd is a popular author with a decently sized backlist) and have a lot of her books already on my kindle. Apparently I first read this in 2017, but only read this book in her series. In 2017, I gave this 5 stars and my rating still stands.

Since it's been awhile since I've read it, thankfully I couldn't remember who the spy/villain was. I did remember some parts while I was reading, the two main being the heroine Jane drawing the ships at the picnic and when her and Ransom are compromised in her brand new art studio.

This books still gave me the feels and I love historical romances where the heroine is "on the shelf" and super young. I love when Jane enters the artist part of her brain and you can just see and feel that she is seeing things differently than those around her. Ransom is completely enchanted by her (even though he denies it). The French spy stuff is meh, but like I've mentioned in Dangerous, the extra plot points in a lot of historical romances aren't what I read it for. It was a fun twist though. And Ransom's grovel scene is one of the best.

Have you read That Scandalous Evening?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: That Scandalous Evening, Christina Dodd, 5-stars, 0 days, eBook, 360 Pages, Published 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...