Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Winter's Kiss TBR

Update: Wrap Up is posted for board 2!
Update: TBR is posted for the 2nd board!
Update: Wrap Up for Board 1 is posted! 

It's here! I had a feeling that Shelby on instagram was going to continue her season reading bingo boards and she announced earlier this month that the winter theme is Winter's Kiss! It'll run from December 1st, 2021 through February 28th, 2022. She hosts the reading challenges on instagram and has a multitude of templates you can use. In case you are new around here, I participated in her Summer of Swoon and am currently working on finishing the second board for Fall in Love. Once again she's created three boards. I'm only going to aim for the first two boards again, but depending on how much reading time I get after the New Year that could change. Here is board one!

I'll once again be posting wrap ups for each board by itself as I finish them. Afterwards, I'll post a tbr/mini-update for the next board. I'm super excited for some of the new prompts. In case you don't want to go searching, here's the second and third boards as well.

As always, I'm going to be listing some ideas I have and not keep myself stuck to too strict of a tbr. I usually pair things down when there's only a couple prompts left, but sometimes a book ends up covering a different prompt than expected. I love when that happens, especially if I originally had it planned to be for an easier prompt. Like with my larger/longer readathons, I'll mostly be focusing on the more obscure/difficult prompts to meet. Let's get brainstorming!

🌲 There are a lot of holiday novellas and full length novels that I'm interested in. There's a lot more releasing this year that I'm particularly intrigued by. There are a few I'm particularly interested in getting to above the others. I have most of the Wyoming Cowboy series by Jessica Clare in paperback and over half of them are holiday related. Anna Harrington also just released How the Duke Saved Christmas earlier this month. I know I have a lot of holiday anthologies I could read as well, particularly for the holidays. Instead of listing a bunch of them out, I'll just link to a goodreads list that has most of the new releases for this holiday season. Another option that I recently re-stumbled across is Sweet Inspiration by Penny Watson.

🌲 For books recommended/posted by Shelby, I made a short list of some authors I know she's rated highly and posted about that I'm interested in. I've already tried Max Monroe and definitely want to read more of their work. She also seems to enjoy Meghan Quinn and Melanie Harlow.

🌲 For new release options outside of the holiday list above, Homecoming King by Penny Reid and Savage Hearts by J.T. Geissinger both are set to come out soon and I want to get to them as quick as I can.

🌲 As for some of the books on Shelby's tbr that I'm also interested in I saw Piper Rayne's Hockey Hotties series and Mister Romance by Leisa Rayven. If you're participating as well, here's a link to her goodreads tbr.

🌲 For books I meant to read this year, I went back through some of my tbrs I posted, especially earlier in the year. A few of the ones I jotted down I also mentioned in my Black FaRoFriday tbr. I also wanted to read more in Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series, finally read Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas and finish Stacy Reid's Everleigh Sisters duology. I've also been really wanting to reread Lia Riley's Hellions Angels series lately.

🌲 Another prompt I was struggling with a little was hyped books. I didn't look back too far for a hyped book, but I know that some of the ones I mentioned before could count. I also saw a lot about Lucy Parker's Battle Royal when it was released in August. Since I get in a baking mood this time of year, that could be a good option if I want to mix in some non-holiday romance.

I have a lot of options, but also feel like not as many as I should for how many prompts we have. Or at least compared to my other tbrs. I think since my reading slows down this time of year I'm going to try to allow myself as much mood reading as possible. I might not even participate in all of my book club books. We'll see how I end up doing and I should know by the end of December if I'm going to push for two or three boards.

Will you be participating in Winter's Kiss?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...