Friday, November 12, 2021

Jack by Layla Fae

🍎🍎🍎🍎

Checking my goodreads for new releases a few Mondays ago, I saw a friend had recently read and loved Jack by Layla Fae. With a little inspiration from Nightmare Before Christmas, I knew I had to pick it up. I was able to use this to cover the Fall in Love prompt published in October. Jack also covers the prompts a dark, dark and stormy night, pumpkin on cover, I put a spell on you, published in October, it's a sign, deal with the devil and #beastmode for Bang in the Night Bingo. Also, I read this during the Smutathon and used it to cover paranormal, takes place on Halloween, monster, 2021 released, novella, new to you author, read in one sitting and supernatural main character.

Suzy is complete another tarot reading about love with good results for her client. Feeling single and alone, she yearns for a love of her own. Or even a good bed partner. After being led by the cards, she summons her destined lover. What shows up is a monstrous jack-o-lantern, there to give her all the pumpkin loving she could want.

This is exactly what it sounds like. A quick smutty read about a weird jack-o-lantern monster man and a lonely, horny older woman. This was just enough ridiculous to be fun. 4-stars is fine for what it is. As I've mentioned before, I rate things differently based on what they are and my emotions. What made it not a 5-star for me was the push for them to get married and have and firm HEA. I feel like this could've worked fine as a HFN or even a straight erotica with no romance. Although, I did really enjoy that his "cream" was pumpkin spice flavored. As a basic person that loves pumpkin and pumpkin spice flavorings, I couldn't not love it!

If you are looking for a quick and steamy Halloween read, look no further. I enjoyed the writing style. She has two other books that have been published and I'm particularly intrigued by The Orc's Bride. It's a longer novella at around 150 pages. We'll see what I end up reading next!

Have you read Jack?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Jack, Layla Fae, 4-stars, 0 days, eBook, 48 pages, published in 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...