Thursday, October 21, 2021

Fall in Love TBR Board 2

Update: Wrap up for board 2 is posted!

 Having just recently finished the first bingo board for Fall in Love, I immediately jumped into board two! In case you've missed my previous posts, Fall in Love is a season reading challenge created and ran by Shelby on Instagram. It started September 1st and runs through November 30th, so you still have time if you want to take part! I participated in the one she did last summer and really enjoyed it. Of course I had to participate in the fall one. Some of the books mentioned in my first tbr will count for prompts on the second board as well. If you are participating and need more recommendations and/or ideas, I also just posted my wrap up for the first board. Here is the blank version of board two!

Now, I have already read a few books that I've applied to this board. I'll post my current board below my ideas. As per usual, I'll just list some ideas I have for the more specific prompts. Also, I'm currently participating in the Bang in the Night Bingo and am hoping to be able to double dip.

🍁 First we'll go over some planned books thanks to readalongs or book clubs. The first book is Gothikana by Runyx, the pick for Ravished by Romance. It will also work well with Bang in the Night Bingo. It can cover at least over 300 pages and gray on the cover.

🍁 I'm also participating in the Kate Daniels readalong hosted by Stef, Heather and Megan. The planned November books are Magic Slays, Magic Gifts and Gunmetal Magic (plus a couple other shorts/novellas). These can count for both over and under 300 pages, published before 2021, gray on cover and brown on cover.

🍁 The Smart Woman Read Romance Patreon Live Review has been selected and it's Unraveling Him by Claire Kingsley. This is the 3rd book in her Bailey Brothers series. I just finished the first book a couple nights ago (and you can see it on my current board). The other two I need to read can cover cursive title, over 300 pages, published before 2021 and series.

🍁 The November Rake Appreciation book is The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne. This would be a reread for me, I first read it earlier this year. If I decide to reread it, it can cover over 300 pages, published before 2021 and series.

🍁 The other book high on my tbr is my yearly reread of Mister Hockey by Lia Riley. It's book one in her Hellions Angels series, my favorite hockey series. I sometimes reread the 2nd book Head Coach as well. If I decide to reread next month, they can cover brown on the cover, under 300 pages, trope you love, published before 2021, series and starts with "h."

🍁 Continuing with my thoughts of rereads, I've been really wanting to reread Jill Shalvis's Lucky Harbor series. A few trope recommendation stories have popped up on instagram that have led me to rec different books in the series a couple times. I haven't read them since high school but the series started my love of Jill Shalvis. I know the first three books would cover the more specific prompts of new person in town, set at B&B, inn or hotel, starts with "h" and trope you love.

🍁 Another series that would cover multiple prompts is Alice Clayton's Hudson Valley. The three books can cover at least set in B&B, hotel or inn, chef or baker and set on farm or ranch.

🍁 Continuing with series ideas, on of Shelby's newer recommended series is Gold Rush Ranch by Elsie Silver. There are two full length books and a novella out so far. These three would cover recommendation from Shelby, Shelby gave 4 or 5-stars, set on farm or ranch, new in town, cover model smiling and second chance as well as most of the page count and colors on cover prompts.

🍁 I've mentioned some of these above, but I like options for each prompt so I can better mood read. For the letter prompt H I have a couple options that I'm more intrigued by at this time. Other reads that I'll consider picking up is Happy Trail by Daisy Prescott, A Hathaway Wedding by Lisa Kleypas and Hawk by Kat Savage. I also have a lot of highlander romances on my kindle that start with "highlander."

🍁 Another prompt that seemed harder than expected for me to find books for (on my kindle at least) was suit on the cover. I feel like a lot of office and billionaire romances have suits, which are a couple prompts I'm not particularly drawn too. Although I do have some billionaire romances on my kindle, almost all of them either have no people or a shirtless cover model. A couple ones that I did see are Only My Love by Jo Goodman and Staci Hart's Red Lipstick Coalition series.

🍁 Speaking of Staci Hart, I've really been wanting to pick up one of her books. I'm very intrigued by Bet the Farm and her Jane Austen retelling series The Austens. She also recently released For Love or Honey that's set on a honey farm!

🍁 I have just a couple other ideas I want to add to this list. One is Never Sweeter by Charlotte Stein. It's a second chance romance, which is another trope that I'm not fond of. This premise intrigues me though with the hero being the heroine's former bully and wanting to make it up to her. I also really want to get to The Husband Trap by Tracy Anne Warren soon. It has my favorite trope of wrong sibling/cousin. Another option for favorite trope is One Kiss From You by Christina Dodd. It's the second book in her Switching Places duology, so I might pick up those two as well.

As you can see I've already got a few prompts covered so far which is nice. I'm super happy to plan to get some good reading in despite having slowed down. I'm hoping I can at least finish this board. I don't think I'll be pushing to complete board three since we're already mostly through October. Based on what I've seen Shelby post, I'm pretty sure she'll be doing a winter challenge as well. I can't wait to see the other prompts she comes up with!

Are you participating in Fall in Love?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...