Monday, November 29, 2021

Magic Gifts by Ilona Andrews

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

The next novella for the Kate Daniels readalong is Magic Gifts. It's listed as book 5.4 in the series by Ilona Andrews. I do want to mention though that even though Magic Gifts is numbered before Gunmetal Magic, it's included at the end of the ebook. They take place at the same time, but glancing at a couple reviews it seemed like people got more out of it reading it after. I decided to read them flipped out of order since I had it on my kindle as the bonus. I am reading the Kate Daniels series as part of the readalong hosted by Stef, Heather and Megan. I was also able to apply this to the prompt part of a series for the Fall in Love board 2.

Kate and Curran are going out on a rare date in the city. When a necklace kills a vampire navigator there, Kate and Curran have to step in to take care of the two rampaging vampires. When the necklace gets removed by the deceased's mother and placed on her son, Kate and Curran step in to protect the boy.

This was such a fun novella! First off, we get Kate and Curran teaming up together the entire time. I hope that one of the future books also has them together for the most part. I love the banter between them and anytime Kate calls him "your furriness" or similar I always crack up. We also get to meet the Neo-Vikings and see more of Ghastek. He really intrigues me and I'd love to see more of him. His dry sense of humor always gets me as well.

We also get to see the first meeting of Kate with the dead Viking giant Hakon. They meet again in Gunmetal Magic, and it was fun to see what happened the first time around. We also get to see more of the Med-Mage Doolittle and he even joins in on the case. I really enjoyed getting to see more of the world and I guess there are some hints of what's to come. The girls didn't go too much into it because of spoilers, but I'm certainly interested to see how the deals made in here will come to pass in future books.

I had a lot of fun getting back to Kate Daniels and can't wait to jump into the next few reads next month. This was another great novella in the series and I love how every one has added more to the world and overall story. Ilona Andrews is just masterful. If you haven't picked up Kate Daniels or any of their books, I highly recommend them.

Have you read Magic Gifts?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Magic Gifts, Ilona Andrews, 5-stars, 2 days, eBook, 160 pages, published in 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...