Thursday, November 11, 2021

Black FaRoFriday Readthon TBR

Update: My Wrap Up is posted!

 I have a fun week long readathon that I'm hoping to participate in! Back in February of this year was the first FaRoFeb readathon. If you haven't heard of it, FaRoFeb stand for Fantasy Romance February. I know I've mentioned saving some books or ideas I have for next Februrary, but I saw on their instagram they have a new readathon. Partially coordinated with Black Friday sales, they are hosting the Black FaRoFriday readathon. It runs from November 24th and lasts through November 30th. They have a separate section on their website with some blank templates and more! Instead of doing a bingo board, they've posted a checklist which is below.

As you can see there are quite a few prompts to hit. As of now, they haven't posted the full tbr, but I know that there will probably be a lot of the same authors that they celebrated last February. I have a lot of ideas and options, especially after going through what ideas I didn't get to last February as well as fantasy romance ideas I've accumulated since then. There are going to be too many options here, but a lot will still be options in just a couple months, so I'll be referencing this tbr then as well.

🔮 So pretty much one of my go to fantasy romance authors is Grace Draven after bingeing her last February. I still have quite a few of her books to read on her backlist. Outside of picking up some of her standalones, I've also been wanting to start her Bonekeeper Chronicles and Master of Crows series. I know the Bonekeeper Chronicles will count for the gaslamp prompt. She also has her Fallen Empire series that intrigues me.

🔮 Another of my top authors is G.A. Aiken. I keep mentioning that I need to reread her Dragon Kin series and start the spin-off The Scarred Earth Saga. We'll see if I actually get around to starting my reread. This also will work for the witches/vampires/demons/shifters prompt without going into paranormal.

🔮 An author I also read and I know was part of FaRoFeb and a favorite of mine is Juliette Cross. She goes into both the paranormal and fantasy subgenres, but I definitely need to read more of her earlier fantasy works. I read Soulfire for FaRoFeb and need to finish the series. She also has the Vale of Stars which is the sequel series to Nightwing.

🔮 I can also continue my Ilona Andrews reading. I have been reading the Kate Daniels series by them as part of a readalong. There are two novellas that aren't officially part of the readathon that I might try to squeeze in as shorter reads. They are 5.6 and 5.7 of the series. I also want to read more of their books, but I think I just want to focus on one series at a time right now until I'm all caught up!

🔮 Another option is to finally pick up ACOTAR. This is an extremely popular fantasy series and I own the original books in paperback. I know it's incredibly popular and tends to suck people in, so it might be a good option to read over the holiday portion of the readathon. In case you've hidden under the same rock as I've been in, the anagram is A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas.

🔮 As some other options, a series I could pick back up Bec McMaster's Legends of the Storm. I read the first book for FaRoFeb as well and just haven't gotten back to it. I also started Alessa Thorn's The Court of the Underworld last FaRoFeb as well. I need to read the last couple books in that series as well as start her spin-off Gods of the Duat. I know book three, Anubis, is planned to come out later this month. She also has her Wrath of the Fae series I need to get to.

🔮 For some quickfire options, I have Laura Thalassa's Four Horseman series (since Death is finally set to be released soon), a recent #WeirdRomanceWednesday recommendation Warprize by Elizabeth Vaughan, The Goblin King by Shona Husk, Kristen Ashely's Fantasyland series and C.L. Wilson's Tairen Soul series.

Like I mentioned, a lot of options. I know that it's a holiday weekend, but I tend to be pretty busy with putting up all my Christmas decorations and being one of the crazy Black Friday shoppers. It never gets as bad as you see on the news here. I'm hoping to read 3-4 books at least, but we'll see what happens. I'm super excited to see what all they have planned. If you're participating certainly follow them on instagram and sign up for the newsletter to stay update on all the fun things they have planned for this readathon and FaRoFeb coming up!

Will you be participating in Black FaRoFriday?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...