Saturday, November 20, 2021

Rushing In by Claire Kingsley

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

With a little bit of time to mood read before needing to get to some readalong or book club books, I knew I wanted to get back to Claire Kingsley. I thought about going back to her Miles Family series, but decided after the epilogue in Unraveling Him that I wanted to get caught up in the Bailey Brothers first. Rushing In is the fourth book in the series. I was able to use this for the Fall in Love prompt cover model is smiling.

Gavin, the wild child and youngest Bailey is working a nearby wildfire. Things happen and he ends up needing to deploy his fire shelter. After getting rescued, he crosses the street without looking and gets hit by a car. The driver, Skylar, is the fire chief's daughter and back in town. She is a thriller and suspense novelist, but needs to take some time for herself after being dropped from her publisher and broken up with by her agent and live-in boyfriend. With his broken leg Gavin is side-lined while he recovers. Needing not only a friend, but a guide to Tilikum, Gavin befriends Skylar.

I really loved this book. While it quite didn't hit me like Unraveling Him did, I really enjoyed getting into Gavin's POV. I could tell from the previous books that he doesn't feel like he's taking risks like his brothers think he does, and it was nice to get that confirmation. He has an almost physic power that helps him figure out the risks of whatever situation he's in. I loved that even though they all thought he was a little too extra, when it came to being a fireman if he said something they trusted him. They ragged on him later, but in the moment they trusted him. I also loved the way their 2nd meet cute.

We also get a lot of good representation of anxiety and mental health situations with Skylar. I also loved that she was almost immediately open with Gavin. I loved the connection  between them and how even though there was an attraction there, they really pushed being friends. I loved the evolution of their relationship. A couple times Gavin made some weird choices, but I also loved that we saw immediately how bad or off he was feeling after the issue occurred between them. Another fun aspect is we get more of the family pranks. Since Gavin is one of the more active pranksters there was a lot of good brother time in the book as well. 

I can't wait to read more of the series and have one more left to get caught up. The epilogue gives a hint as to the next couple in Chasing Her Fire and I'm certainly intrigued. We kind of get hints about them from book 2 though. Now I know and I can't wait. As soon as I can get some more mood reading in I definitely want to pick it up soon. If you are looking for a good small town romance, definitely check out this series. Also, I love this cover. The water and mountains in the background are just so pretty. Plus the cover model is smiling. It looks and feels like Gavin to me. Absolutely perfect!

Have you read Rushing In?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Rushing In, Claire Kingsley, 5-stars, 4 days, eBook, 460 pages, published in 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...