Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Crazy, Sexy, Ghoulish by G.G. Andrew

🍎🍎🍎🍎

I knew that I had one prompt left for Fall in Love board one, couple on the cover. When I was going through my Halloween and spooky books, I knew I wanted Crazy, Sexy, Ghoulish to be my final book for the board. This is the first book in her Crazy, Sexy, Ghoulish series. I also used it to cover the prompts a dark, dark and stormy knight, trick or treat and black cover for Bang in the Night Bingo.

Nora is working at a haunted house this holiday season. She loves horror movies and is using the job to act out the roles she wants to play that aren't as accepted in her theatre classes. Brendan, a former middle school classmate, now runs a popular horror website and is planning on reviewing all the haunted houses in their area. Nora is nervous if Brendan recognizes her since she was going through family issues in middle school and ended up taking out her emotions by bullying Brendan. Will their haunted house make the grade?

This was such a cute and fun novella, but also very hard hitting. I'm always slightly nervous when it comes to bullying situations in romance and how it'll be handled. I feel like being mainly from Nora's POV really helped me as a reader see the work she's done. It certainly helped that for her to come to terms with her actions was moving to a new school and being bullied herself there. While I liked that Nora wanted to apologize to Brendan, I also understood her wanting for him to also not want to remember or put much stock into who they were. I loved the connection between Nora and Brendan and loved that they were able to connect so intimately without Brendan's prejudices getting in the way.

I teared up a couple times and ended up feeling bad for both of them when the 3rd act conflict hit. Now, I know they are early twenties, but for some reason I was expecting more steam. There was great chemistry between the two and a couple great kiss scenes, but that was it. I also wasn't a big fan of the other person that Nora bullied and how that was portrayed. I almost wish that that person was handled differently. I understood that not everyone has to accept her apology, but it just seemed a little odd being forced into the overall story.

It was cute and fun and perfect for Halloween vibes. I know the second book in the series continues Nora and Brendan's story with the final two books focusing on other characters. I don't know if I'll be able to squeeze it into this year's reading, but I do want to finish the series. I really enjoyed this novella and will definitely check out G.G. Andrew's other works.

Have you read Crazy, Sexy, Ghoulish?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Crazy, Sexy, Ghoulish, G.G. Andrew, 4-stars, 0 days, paperback, 120 pages, published in 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...