Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Summer of Swoon TBR

Update: Wrap up is posted for board 3!
Update: Wrap Up is posted for board 2!
Update: My tbr is posted for board 2!
Update: My wrap up for bingo board 1 is up!

 Happy Almost Summer!

Once again I stumbled across another summer readathon hosted on Instagram by shelbytaggartreads. This one will run June 1st through August 31st. Three whole months to read 25 books! Like the Romancing Summer Challenge, I'll do an update about half-way through and then do a more specific tbr to finish strong. For the first month-ish I'll just fit what I'm normally reading towards the prompts where I can. Maybe I can find some books that will work across all the readathons I have planned. Shelby does have a prompt bingo board, which I've posted below! She's also posted a bunch of templates on her insta. If you're looking for more bookgrammer content, she a great follow!

Shelby does have some recommendations that she's posting in her stories and highlights, as well as posts. For some of the more unique prompts, I'll post some of my ideas below. There's some fun unique prompts that I'm excited to find some unique reads for. These may cross with other tbrs I have going at this time, which makes things a little bit easier for me!

🌊 So for the past year I've been working on collecting the Faerie Tale series that was published by Love Spell. I have all but two or three of them, I believe. I haven't read any yet, but several of the books would count for several prompts.

🌊 I also have plans, which I've mentioned in previous posts, to reread Lisa Kleypas's Ravenels series before the 7th book comes out in late July. I also just recently read Then Came You and definitely want to get to Dreaming of You soon. Then I'll finally had read Derek Craven. I also have preordered Vivienne Lorret's third book in her Mating Habits of Scoundrels series that'll be out in June.

🌊 For least favorite trope prompt there are a couple that I would be more inclined to read. The main ones are Hate to Love and Reverse Harem. I know that The Hating Game by Sally Thorne is being made into a movie or TV show soon and a lot of people really love it. I've also been intrigued to try another Marian Zapata book, specifically From Lukov With Love. Jenn (from The Book Refuge) also recently read a monsters reverse harem that sounded interesting called A Lady of Rooksgrave Manor by Kathryn Moon.

🌊 For tropical and/or beach locations there are a couple books on my tbr that I saw would fit (and also for some of the other prompts). There's the Shifters of Coral Beach series by Zoe Chant as well as Island Ice by Rachelle Vaughn from her Razors Ice series.

🌊 Depending on how paranormal I'm feeling after the Love in the Night Readathon, I know that several of the Immortals After Dark books would fit into several of these prompts.

🌊 For recs and 5-star reads from Shelby there are several books that are on my tbr. Some of the ones that are more intriguing to me right now are Egomaniac and Dirty Letters (with Penelope Ward) by Vi Keeland, Single Dad Seeks Juliet by Max Monroe and The Ex Talk by Rachel Lynn Soloman.

🌊 Another prompt I was stumped on is sunset/sunrise cover. I'm sure I have some on my shelves and there are quite a few out there, but just doing a cursory glance through my tbr I only found one that peaked my interest, On the Edge by Ilona Andrews.

If you have any recommendations or ideas for me to add to my ever growing tbr, post them below! Especially since I feel like a lot of summer readathons cater towards more contemporary and that's not a sub-genre I read too much. I'm also hoping that a lot of recs will be shared and I can get a few more options for some of the prompts, like the sunset/sunrise cover. 

Are you joining in on the Summer of Swoon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...