Thursday, November 18, 2021

Historical Romance Readathon TBR

Update: Wrap up is posted

Another readathon announcement! We are back with the next round of the Historical Romance Readathon! When I saw the announcement videos go up from Jessica, Lacey and Lisa, I was a little worried it was another late November readathon. Since I was already planning on doing the Black FaRoFriday, I was a little worried. Thankfully they posted the announcement early and this round runs from December 6th through the 12th. It's a week long and hosted by the same lovely ladies as before. They did another bingo board and I have it below! Also, they also just launched a merch store and I definitely want to get a couple of the designs when I have some extra income.

They are also doing instagram prompts again, so I'll try to do at least a couple of them. I'll have the schedule at the end of this post. All of the ladies have said they'll post some newer recommendation videos, but they have a lot of older ones to check out as well. They are also going to continue to use the #hrreadathon on all social medias. I'll also be working on the start of my Winter's Kiss challenge, so any historical romances I was thinking of using there I'll try to squeeze in during this readathon. I have a lot of other ideas, again, and I'll list some of them below.

❄️ First off, there is a group book again. This time it's Grace Burrowes's Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish. This is the fourth book in her Windham series, but also the first in The Duke's Daughters. The Windham series is three interconnected series and is recommended to be read in order, but I'm not sure if I'm going to read the first three books. I might try to squeeze them in before the readathon starts, but we'll see. I think since it's the start of it's own series, it won't rely on the previous books heavily, but I know you tend to get a lot more out of interconnected series reading them in order.

❄️ There are quite a few historical anthologies that are holiday focused that come out every year. I have quite a few in paperback and in eBook. I'm not sure which one I'll pick up specifically, but the ones I'm most intrigued by at this time are: Five Golden RingsAll I Want for Christmas is a Duke and Mistletoe Christmas. Also there was duet of anthologies recently released called Star of Wonder and Star of Light.

❄️ As for Christmas related books, I do also still have to read Lisa Kleypas's Wallflower novella, A Wallflower Christmas.

❄️ I've been thinking about backlists I want to get caught up on and one big author that I own all paperbacks (that are available) is Vivienne Lorret. She's one of my favorite modern historical romance authors and I need to read a couple more of her series to catch up. She's has novellas in a couple of the Anthologies above, one containing the prequel to her Wallflower Weddings series. I'm thinking I might read the Five Golden Rings anthology and then the first book in that series.

❄️ For a new to me author, I was looking at the more recent releases from debut or new series that I've bought recently. I'm not sure who I'll pick up, but I really want to try Emily Sullivan's debut novel A Rogue to Remember, Bethany Bennett's Misfits of Mayfair series and Christina Britton's Isle of Synne.

❄️ Another harder to meet prompt is outside of Europe. I could go back to the usual readathon author Joanna Shupe since I have some of her gilded age books to still read, but I also might try to finally try Jeannie Lin's Chinese historical romances. We'll see what I end up picking up.

❄️ A last idea is to read at least one Donna Fletcher. I've read quite a few of her books and would love to get another one off my to-do list. She's one of my favorite highlander romance writers.

Once again I have almost too many ideas. I might end up trying to get another audiobook in, but we'll see what happens. I've kind of been in a contemporary mood the past little bit, but historical is starting to fit my mood better. I don't know why, but the coziness really gets me more with historicals. I'm excited to try to pair them with the Winter's Kiss prompts and know there'll be easy crossover between them. I can't wait for December! If you need any other recs, feel free to check out what historicals I've read this past year!

Will you be participating in the next round of the Historical Romance Readathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...