Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Smutathon Wrap Up

 Time for another wrap up! A last minute join for me at the end of October was the Smutathon hosted by Riley Marie and Laney Kress. In case you missed my tbr/announcement, below is the blank board.

I knew going in I wasn't going for a blackout. One of the prompts was reverse harem and that's not something that I enjoy. The group book was A Lady of Rooksgrave Manor by Kathryn Moon. I read it recently and didn't want to do a reread, but it's a monster reverse harem. Since it was last minute and I was more tailoring my reads to fit prompts to finish Bang in the Night, I just applied them where they fit. I'll go ahead and list them in order read with any prompts they fit!

πŸŒ™ Gothikana by RuNyx - dark, paranormal, 2021 release, new to you author and taboo

πŸŒ™ Jack by Layla Fae - paranormal, takes place on Halloween, monster, 2021 release, novella, new to you author, read in one sitting and supernatural main character

πŸŒ™ Wicked Captor by Zoey Draven - red or purple cover and aliens

πŸŒ™ Bite Me, Your Grace by Brooklyn Ann - paranormal, vampire, new to you author and supernatural main character

πŸŒ™ Hot as Hades by Alisha Rai - dark, red or purple cover, novella, new to you author and read in one sitting

πŸŒ™ Green-Eyed Monster by Elsie Winters - monster, 2021 release, novella, new to you author and read in one sitting

I surprisingly ended up reading 6 books for the Smutathon and did better than I expected. I'll post links to the reviews when they are up. I'm a little sad that I didn't end up covering shifter, but I just haven't been quite as into shifters this season. I had a lot of fun and know they've hosted this readathon before. Hopefully I can more focus on it the next time and look forward to one that's not as Halloween focused. If you missed the live show that was held on Saturday the 30th, it's still available to watch.

Did you participate in the Smutathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...