Thursday, December 30, 2021

Banging Through the Snow Wrap Up

 I was hoping to be able to finish this up earlier so you could see my wrap up before it ended, but I'm cutting it close again. I had one prompt left since the weekend before Christmas, but all the books I was looking for to fit it I just wasn't in the mood for. Overall though I had fun trying some new books and was happy that I was able to double up with other readathons that were going on at the same time, the Historical Romance Readathon and the Merry + Bright Readathon. I was also able to count books for the Winter's Kiss reading challenge.

The readathon is running from December 6th through December 31st! It's hosted by the ladies that do the But Do They Bang? Book Club, Melissa, Jacque and Beth. In case you missed my tbr, check it out for more ideas for prompts! Above is the blank bingo board and below is my finished! I'll be going through each prompt and the book I used for it starting from the top left hand corner and going row by row. I'll also link the songs I used from my story reviews. If there isn't a link, my review will hopefully be up soon and I'll add the link as they get posted!

⛄ I Smell Snow! (Snow on the Cover) - All I Want for a Christmas is a Cowboy by Jessica Clare
Song: Distance by BoA

⛄ Characters Exchange Gifts - Tempting Mr. Weatherstone by Vivienne Lorret
Song: For the First Time by Kangta

⛄ Snow Monster! (Wintery Non-human Main Character) - Pleasures of Christmas Past by Lexi Post
Song: Merry Christmas (To the One I Used to Know) by Kelly Clarkson

⛄ Trapped in a Snowstorm (Only One Bed) - Loving the Mountain Man by Adriana Anders
Song: Like a Dream by Trax

⛄ A Book That Blends Holidays - Walking in a Witchy Wonderland by Juliette Cross
Song: Winter Wonderland by Brett Eldredge

⛄ Red or Green Cover - Any Rogue Will Do by Bethany Bennett
Song: 1, 2, 3 by f(x)

⛄ Hot Chocolate (Steamy, Warm & Cozy) - Daring Miss Danvers by Vivienne Lorret
Song: Diamond by Girl's Generation

⛄ Naughty or Nice in the Title - One Naughty Christmas Night by Janet Berry
Song: Last Christmas by Shinee

⛄ Small Town Romance - The Front Runner by Elsie Silver
Song: Amazing by The Grace's Dana & Sunday

So originally I was going to diversify the songs I used from my favorite albums. Then it turned into using one of my tops, the SM Town Winter album from 2011. Oh my gosh I can't believe that it's 10 years old already. Anyways, it's one of my favorite holiday albums and the promo song, Santa You Are the One by Super Junior has been my go to December ring tone since it came out. But Super Junior are my boys so I might be biased. I really wanted to use a song from the Muppet's Christmas Carol for Pleasures of Christmas Past, but instagram didn't have any of the songs available. Then I remembered Kelly Clarkson had a song on her new album that had the line "dancing with a ghost." I went with that and then of course I had to use Winter Wonderland for Walking in a Witchy Wonderland. I ended up going with Brett Eldredge's version since he's one of my favorite country artists!

I had a lot of fun and was able to read a few books that wouldn't normally be on my radar thanks to the more unique prompts. I think my favorite read would be The Front Runner. It was an anticipated read for me, even though I only had a couple weeks of anticipation. I can't wait for the next book and hope that Elsie doesn't get any setbacks and we get it in March! I can't wait to see what the ladies do next for both their book club and future readathons!

Did you participate in Banging Through the Snow?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...