Tuesday, January 11, 2022

All I Want For Christmas Is A Cowboy by Jessica Clare

🍎🍎🍎🍎

After getting through a couple rereads, I wanted to pick up something holiday and new. I decided to stay with reading books I already owned in paperback and decided to pick up All I Want For Christmas Is A Cowboy by Jessica Clare. This is the first book in her Wyoming Cowboy series. I do also want to mention that about every other book in the series seems to be holiday/winter based. I was able to use this for the set in winter prompt for Winter's Kiss and I Smell Snow! (snow on the cover) prompt for Banging Through the Snow.

Cass is getting away from the city and headed up to her family's cabin in Wyoming. When she gets into a car accident at one of her last turns, Eli, a local cowboy finds her. A blizzard is happening and he takes her back to his ranch. When Cass awakens, she finds that she has lost her memory after hitting her head pretty badly on the windshield. Since they are trapped together, Eli takes care of her as best as he can while also running the ranch single handedly. They both are attracted to each other, but Eli doesn't want to take advantage and neither of them know for sure that Cass is single. As Cass heals and starts to get antsy, Eli lets her start helping him with his chores.

This was a great snowed in together full length novel. I really enjoyed Eli, the gruff cowboy. He was so caring for Cass, even when frustrated that he kept being pulled from his chores to take care of her. I also loved how he was very aware that he didn't want to take advantage of her or her situation and when things start to get steamy between them he left it up to Cass to really push for more. Usually I prefer for the man to be a little more dominant and make the move, but it really worked here.

I haven't read too many amnesia books, but I loved how it was handled here. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but the way that little things would come to Cass was really cool. Not just memories would come back, but things she was able to do. I also loved how she would test how something would feel and if it felt like her or not. She crochets and when she finds yarn, she just knows how to do it, almost like muscle memory. Another part I really loved, is Eli's reaction to the hat that Cass made for him. That scene just hits me and why I choose to make my gifts every year, no matter how stressful it gets. It just makes it all the better when the person you've made it for appreciates the gift and time and thought that went into it. There were a couple things that really bothered me though. First off was the beginning and subsequent conflict with Ken, Cass's employer's boyfriend. I just felt like there was enough drama with her boss and the car accident that Ken was unnecessary. I also was a little frustrated with how Cass got into an accident. Driving in a blizzard is enough to cause issues without her being distracted by her phone. I just didn't like the way it happened. Also, I didn't like that she didn't talk with Eli before heading back to New York. He even kind of gave her crap a little about just talking with him and they can work it out. She knew she was still missing pieces of information and I didn't like that. Everything else though, I enjoyed!

I had a lot of fun getting back to Jessica Clare. I haven't read her in a while and binged a lot of her works when I found her Billionaire Boys Club series. This is probably my favorite billionaire romances of the ones that came out around that time. She also writes under Jill Myles and Jessica Sims. I have read quite a lot of her backlist under all three names and she is one of the few authors I have a backlist checklist for. I'm not sure if I'll pick up more of the series this month since they aren't all holiday based, but we'll see where my mood takes me!

Have you read All I Want For Christmas Is A Cowboy?

Bookishly Yours

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: All I Want For Christmas Is A Cowboy, Jessica Clare, 4-stars, 1 day, Paperback, 283 pages, published in 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...