Sunday, December 19, 2021

Magic Steals by Ilona Andrews

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

The next book for December's books for the Kate Daniels readalong is Magic Steals. This is book 6.5 in the series by Ilona Andrews. The readalong is being hosted by Stef, Heather and Megan on YouTube. This novella was also included in the Night Shift anthology, which is how I read it. I was able to use this read to cover the prompt author you love for the first board of Winter's Kiss.

We are back with Jim and Dali for this novella. Jim shows up once again and immediate falls asleep on Dali's couch instead of having the dinner she made for him. When her mother suddenly shows up the following morning before Jim has left, Dali tries to hide that he's there. Her mother has brought a fellow Indonesian that has come to Dali for help when her grandmother went missing. Dali helps, as his her way as the white tiger. She finds a curse has been placed on the residents of the office building the grandmother has a salon. Jim helps her deal with the situation while Dali struggles with feeling confident to be with the Cat Alpha and head security for the Pack.

This was another great novella and I loved seeing Jim and Dali's relationship progress. We got some great steam. One thing that I've mentioned in their previous novellas is that I like the dichotomy of Dali being paired with Jim the alpha. I get and understand why a lot of alphas get paired with the stereotypical "strong female" that's more along the lines of Kate. I also believe that there are different ways to be strong and a more submissive or maternal person could be the alpha's mate. Seeing Dali work through her insecurities about being with Jim was really refreshing in the world of fated mates. I just feel like I can relate to those heroines more and I also love seeing the couple work in their relationship to make sure that neither one is forced into being a submissive in every aspect. I also like that this type of relationship tends to not have as much of the power struggles, butting heads and challenges between them.

Another great novella by Ilona Andrews and I loved seeing and learning more about the type of magic that Dali has and practices. I know that we're getting closer to the end of the series, but hope there's at least one more novella between them. I'd really like to see them as an established couple, especially since Jim refers to Dali as his mate at the end. I'm really enjoying the readathon and can't wait to see what happens next!

Have you read Magic Steals?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Magic Steals, Ilona Andrews, 0 days, 5-stars, Paperback, 83 pages, published in 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...