Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Historical Romance Readathon Wrap Up

Happy Tuesday! Last week was another round of the Historical Romance Readathon! I love historical romance, it's one of my go to subgenres. I feel especially drawn to it during winter since it usually sweeps me away and just feels so cozy. I ended up not reading as much as I thought I might, but there was a lot going on with work and Christmas and such. I did manage to get a couple bingos! After I read my third book I tried to find something that would give me a bingo and went from there.

I didn't end up reading the group book, Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish by Grace Burrowes. I thought about picking it up over the weekend and wasn't too grabbed by the blurb. Then I saw a few of my friends on goodreads either gave it 2-stars or dnf'd. I might pick it up in the future, but I'd prefer to start at the beginning of the Windham series. If you missed my tbr, here is the blank bingo board.

Below is my finished bingo board! I'll list books in order read and any prompts they covered. Reviews will be linked once they are posted! All reviews are linked!

❄️ Tempting Mr. Weatherstone by Vivienne Lorret - cover takes place during winter, non-titled hero, in a series, clinch cover and book you already own (via the Five Golden Rings anthology)

❄️ Daring Miss Danvers by Vivienne Lorret - covered in a series, clinch cover, wallflower and book you already own

❄️ My American Duchess by Eloisa James - covered green/red on cover, new to you author, rec'd to you and book you already own

❄️ Any Rogue Will Do by Bethany Bennett - covered green/red on cover, in a series, new to you author, clinch cover, rogue in the title, rec'd to you, lady heroine and book you already own

Because I didn't read the group book, I did meet my goal of only reading books I already owned in paperback. I had such a great readathon, all of these books were 5-stars. I knew I would love the Vivienne Lorrets since she's one of my favorite authors and I had a good feeling I'd enjoy the Eloisa James after hearing a lot about her books. What threw me for a loop was Bethany Bennett. I had purchased her books when I found the West End Earl at Walmart. Of course I had to then go back and buy the first book in paperback so I at least had them both. It's hard to choose, but I think I'd go with Any Rogue Will Do as my favorite. I wasn't quite sure what I was getting into and I couldn't put it down. I was even more surprised since this is a newer historical and those haven't quite been hitting the spot for me. I partly picked it up since I had it as a secondary option if I got through what was priority, but someone commented on my post talking up this book and I had to move it up my tbr. I am definitely picking up book 2 soon, maybe even before the end of the year.

I had a lot of fun once again getting back to historical and can really see myself mostly sticking to historical through the end of the year. I have a couple other books I really want to read this month for book clubs and a new release, but I can see myself gravitating. I was thinking of trying to get more holiday romances read... I don't know if that'll happen at this point. We'll see.

Did you participate in the Historical Romance Readathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...