Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Merry + Bright Readathon TBR

Update: Wrap Up is posted!

So... I said I might be backing off on doing readathons this month, but I have another one I'm going to tangentially participate in. One of my favorite booktubers that reads more than just romance is chandlerainsley. (Side note, follow her on instagram for the best fluffy kitty photos). She is hosting the Merry + Bright Readathon with Zoe and Spencer. It will run Thursday December 9th through the 15th.  The have some reading prompts which I'll show below. There's no bingo board or anything, so that's helpful. Since I was planning on reading some winter/holiday romances this month anyway, I thought I could focus on those during this readathon. There's also some instagram photo prompts and more info on their instagrams.

πŸŽ„ This readathon starts during the Historical Romance Readathon (which runs through the 12th). I had a few holiday and Christmas ideas for that one, including the group book Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish. I'm going to try to shift those option to later in the week so it can easier cover prompts for both readathons. I'm also hoping that I can get books that'll work for both readathons as well as prompts from the Winter's Kiss reading challenge.

πŸŽ„ Looking at some releases from 2020 that I purchased pretty quickly after release, I came up with a quite a list, but only pulled a few of the ones that sounded the best at this time. I have a couple historical options: Any Rogue Will Do by Bethany Bennett, A Good Duke is Hard to Find by Christina Britton and A Duchess a Day by Charis Michaels. 

πŸŽ„ I also have the SmartyPants Romance releases that came out in spring 2020. For some other contemporary options, I was also thinking maybe Not My Romeo by Ilsa Madden-Mills, Dear Ava also by Ilsa Madden-Mills and Space Junk: Houston We Have a Hottie by Sara L Hudson.

πŸŽ„ For a recent Christmas release that I have I might look at picking up No Ordinary Christmas by Belle Calhoune since I bought it upon release. A lot of books on my tbrs are in eBook, so I'd like to get at least a couple of the Christmas/Holiday physical books I have read this month.

My tbr/idea list is a lot shorter this time, but I could use almost anything from the other two readathons that will be happening at the same time. Like I mentioned before, I'm  not going to necessarily go out of my way to hit all the prompts, but depending on how things sit after the Historical Romance Readathon I'll see what prompts I have left. Thankfully the hosts went with more generic prompts that have seasonal names!

Will you be participating in the Merry + Bright Readathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...