Friday, December 10, 2021

Chasing Her Fire by Claire Kingsley

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

With a little extra time before the start of the Black FaRoFriday Readathon, I was in the mood for another contemporary romance. I decided to pick up Chasing Her Fire by Claire Kingsley. This is the 5th book in her Bailey Brothers series and the most recent to come out. I applied this to the prompt outside photo cover for the second board of Fall in Love.

Throughout the series, we've seen Logan and Cara butt heads. They can't really stand to be around each other and usually have a lot of banter and quips back and forth. At Skylar's book launch party that Cara threw, they both ended up drunk and sleeping together. Despite them both being heavily inebriated, they both remember the time and are torn on wanting more. Their relationship starts to evolve and soon we find out that Cara is pregnant. Logan steps up in a big way and they both work to figure out how to do it together without constantly fighting. When Logan starts to see behind the façade Cara puts on, he wants more than to just co-parent.

Oh my gosh. I was slightly nervous coming into this. I had a feeling that Cara and Logan would be paired together and it felt like it was going to go heavy on the enemies to lovers vibe, which isn't my favorite. If anyone can get me to like it though, Claire is one of the few. Thankfully, we don't really get much "enemies" content outside of their few little quips. We get both POVs though and can see even more than before that they are both just fighting the attraction between each other, even more so after sleeping together. I loved Logan more than expected and really enjoyed how he stepped up and was so perceptive about Cara. I loved how he started really paying attention and learned to read her so well and knew when to push her and when to back off.

I wasn't expecting to really connect with Cara as much as I did. While her specific life and family situation isn't something that completely matched my personal experiences, the feelings she was dealing with at times were so on the head. I don't know how Claire does it, but I have seen pieces of myself in all of the heroines in the series so far. I don't have to have that connection to enjoy a book, but since I'm an emotional reader my higher rated books usually do. I just wasn't expecting to connect with her as much as I did. I just loved how Logan really grounded her and helped her be comfortable in dealing and was so supportive. Another thing that I loved about this book, there wasn't really a third act conflict and I loved it. Cara does get in an accident and that leads to giving birth, but she and the baby aren't injured. The only thing that I didn't like about this book is that we don't get a resolution on some questions about her accident. I had a feeling that it might go down that route, but when it wasn't resolved I was left with questions. I sure hope that it gets addressed in the next book.

I am loving this series and am now caught up! The next book to come out is for the final brother and Logan's twin, Levi. We do get an epilogue that is a teaser for the next book and it looks like he's going to get paired with who I was thinking (and hoping) it would be. I'm also thinking that we'll get some resolution with the mystery that's been going throughout the series as well as the Montgomery treasure. I will definitely jump back and read the Miles Family next from Claire and can't wait to read more from her. My contemporary author list is really starting to grow this year.

Have you read Chasing Her Fire?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Chasing Her Fire, Claire Kingsley, 5-stars, 0 days, eBook, 396 pages, published in 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...