Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Tempting Mr. Weatherstone by Vivienne Lorret

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

The first book I read for the Historical Romance Readathon was Tempting Mr. Weatherstone by Vivienne Lorret. This is the first book in her Wallflower Weddings series and was originally released in the Five Golden Rings anthology, and how I read it. It covers the prompts takes place during winter, non-titled hero, in a series, clinch cover and book I already owned. I was also able to use this for the first board of Winter's Kiss covering the holiday novella prompt. For Banging Through the Snow it applied to characters exchange gifts.

Penelope is feeling worn and after her sister heads home for the holidays is left feeling lonely. She has been feeling melancholy lately and is finally coming to terms that she's in love with her best friend Ethan. They have been friends and neighbors since childhood after their families connected by sharing in grief. Ethan is a second son and very meticulous. He tries to keep everything in it's place and likes knowing what things will happen when. After Pen decides to change her life and mentions going on an adventure (to gain some distance from Ethan and hopefully get over him), his regimented life is thrown into chaos.

Oh my gosh. This was the prefect way to start the Historical Romance Readathon and I've missed Vivienne's writing. There's something about it that just hits what I want and need from a historical author. I loved the mutual pining on both sides, although there's more angst from Pen since Ethan fights his feelings. I think the childhood friends-to-lovers trope was really well done and worked perfectly for a shorter book. I was immediately drawn in and was able to connect with the characters fairly quickly. Also, I could really relate to Pen when she's talking about the handkerchiefs she embroiders for Ethan every year. Since I usually try to just make present for Christmas and not buy much (outside of assisting Santa with stockings), I really understood and empathized with her. Even though she's not expecting a gift in return, sometimes it's hurtful when appreciation isn't expressed; especially when it's a gift for someone that's seen or knows the amount of time and care that went into it.

This little novella had me smiling and tearing up and was just the perfect read to get me into a historical mood. I'm so happy to finally be reading more Vivienne Lorret and am hoping that I can get through the rest of her backlist next year. I'll definitely be picking up book 1, Daring Miss Danvers, next for the readathon and can't wait to read more. If you are looking for a modern historical romance author and are frustrated with a lot of the newer releases, definitely give Vivienne Lorret a try. She's one of my favorites!

Have you read Tempting Mr. Weatherstone?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


    STATISTICS: Tempting Mr. Weatherstone, Vivienne Lorret, 5-stars, 0 days, paperback, 96 pages, published in 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...