Sunday, December 5, 2021

Banging Through the Snow TBR

Update: Wrap Up is posted!

 Happy Sunday!

I've recently gotten away from posting things on Sundays since my reading has gone down, but for the time being I've had quite a few wrap ups and tbrs to get through so I'm trying to get those posted on non-review days. Last September and October I participated in the Bang in the Night Bingo. It was hosted by Melissa, Jacque and Beth who host the But Do They Bang? book club. They are hosting the bingo on their discord again, so please reach out to any of them to get an invite. I'm not super active in the discord, but love lurking in the recommendation threads!

Anyways, they are hosting a shorter winter bingo called Banging Through the Snow! It will run from tomorrow, December 6th through the 31st. Since it is a shorter time frame and smaller board, they are only allowing one book per prompt this time around. Below is the blank bingo board (in story format). If you'd rather, they also have a square version and a story template for reviews. On the review template they are once again having a space for theme songs. This time I'm going to choose songs from my go-to Christmas and Holiday playlist.

As usual, I'll have my list of ideas below. During the same time will be a couple other readathons, so some of those reads will hopefully work here as well. If you haven't seen those tbrs, I have the Winter's Kiss challenge that runs through February 28th and the Historical Romance Readathon will run this weeks as well from December 6th through the 12th. I also will be casually trying to meet the prompts for the Merry + Bright Readathon which runs December 9th through the 15th. The tbr for that is scheduled to be up on Tuesday, so keep an eye out for that one as well. My list here will try to focus on ideas that weren't already (or will be) discussed on those tbrs, but there might be a little overlap. Let's do the thing!

⛄ First off, the Smart Women Read Romance exclusive patreon pick for December has been chosen. The winner of the winter themed recommendation poll was Loving the Mountain Man by Adriana Anders. I know for sure this will count for at least trapped in a snowstorm.

⛄ For Holiday blend, this was trickier for me to come up with an idea for. Then I remembered that there a book that recently came out where the heroine is Jewish but hiding from her family that she's a Christmas author. The Matzah Ball by Jean Meltzer sounds super cute and I'm thinking this will be my choice for that prompt.

⛄ For some of the more holiday based reads, I have quite a few more options. Willa Nash just recently released a trilogy of holiday novellas called Holiday Brothers. They can cover multiple of the prompts. For other recent holiday releases I was also thinking about Nick and Noel's Christmas Playlist by Codi Hall. It also sounded super cute and I love friends to lovers.

⛄ For some older holiday options, I had a few more ideas. One is to read the rest of Tiffany Reisz's Men at Work trilogy. I read Her Halloween Treat a couple months ago and really enjoyed it. I think the 2nd and 3rd books are set around Thanksgiving and Christmas. I received Dating Mr. December by Phillipa Ashley in paperback in the early 2010s when my local library was holding a city scavenger hunt/convention. I still haven't read it yet. I also checked my tbr on goodreads and found a couple other holiday books that I'm interested in and that's Studmuffin Santa by Tawna Fenske, The Stocking Was Hung by Tara Sivec and Kissing Under the Mistletoe by Marina Adair.

⛄ For the snow monster prompt, I actually have a couple ideas. I have on my kindle the multi-author series A Winter Starr that has alien reindeer shifters. I also remembered reading Blitzen's Fated Mate by R.E. Butler a couple years ago, but it wasn't marked as read on goodreads. I have very vivid memories of reading it or something very similar, but couldn't find anything on my read shelves. Not sure if it was that or not, but the entire series is an option. For a non-reindeer shifter option I also found North of Need by Laura Kaye. Based on the blurb the hero is a snowman that comes to life (but gets a human form, so not quite full on monster). I also recently found Pleasures of Christmas Past by Lexi Post wich is a romance with the ghost of Christmas Past.

Once again too many ideas. It helps that this reading challenge at least runs through the end of the month. I'll reassess what prompts I have left after Christmas and should be able to get a blackout. I'm excited for a lot of these options and am trying to push through my crafting as quickly as possible so I can get some good reading time this month. We'll see how it goes though.

Are you participating in Banging Through the Snow?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...