Thursday, December 16, 2021

Merry + Bright Readathon Wrap Up

 Happy Thursday! Yesterday ended the Merry + Bright Readathon hosted by Chandler, Zoe and Spencer. They had a list of 5 prompts and the readathon went from Dec 9th through the 15th. If you missed my tbr post, I'll show you the original prompts below!

As you can see, they are all based on holiday themes and songs! Since this overlapped with the Historical Romance Readathon, I tried to read books that would work for both sets of prompts! I ended up being able to pick up a couple more books after then and they ended up working for the remaining prompts! I saw that Zoe had a tbr story template on her instagram, but I ended up using it as a this is what's read. I'll show my completed story below and list out the books read in order starting at the top left corner and going row by row!

πŸŽ„ Winter Wonderland (white on cover) - Loving the Mountain Man by Adriana Anders

πŸŽ„ Hot Cocoa (cozy vibes) - One Naughty Christmas Night by Janet Berry

πŸŽ„ Elf on the Shelf (already owned) - Daring Miss Danvers by Vivienne Lorret

πŸŽ„ Last Christmas (purchased last year) - My American Duchess by Eloisa James

πŸŽ„ The Grinch (enemies to lover or unreliable narrator) - The Front Runner by Elsie Silver

πŸŽ„ Baby It's Cold Outside (dual perspective) - Any Rogue Will Do by Bethany Bennett

I think that my favorite read is hard to choose, probably either Any Rogue Will Do or The Front Runner. They were both so captivating and had me hooked from the start. I had a lot of fun participating even though I only participated tangentially. I loved the name of the prompts and how easy they were able to meet. While specific prompts can be fun and get me out of my comfort zone, this was perfect for this time of year when my reading time is short and I want to do more mood reading. I can't wait to see what readathons they do next year!

Did you participate in the Merry + Bright Readathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...