Friday, January 14, 2022

Walking In A Witchy Wonderland by Juliette Cross

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

I've been saving Walking in a Witchy Wonderland for my Christmas Eve read. This is listed as book 3.5 in the Stay a Spell series by Juliette Cross and is an anthology with 5 short stories! I am going to do five mini summaries for each story and follow with my thoughts as a whole! I was able to use this for the Winter's Kiss full length novel prompt. I also used this for the Banging Through the Snow prompt book that blends holidays.

Bewitch You a Merry Christmas

The first short story takes place shortly after Wolf Gone Wild (if I remember correctly). We see Alpha/Mateo wanting to spend some alone time with Evie but with family parties and holiday plans, she's always busy. Then Evie helps out a man that's been hexed by his witchy neighbor and Mateo accompanies her. Quick thoughts: Quick, sweet, sexy and I always love me some Evie and Mateo/Alpha.

Rockin' Around the Hexmas Tree

The second short story takes place shortly after Don't Hex and Drive. After a white elephant gift exchange with the Savoie sisters, Isadora ends up with a gorgeous ornament. When Devraj and Isadora have higher libidos than normal, they come to find out that the ornament has a love (really lust) spell! Of course it was meant to go to Violet for her to put up on their little tree at her tattoo shop with Nico. Quick thoughts: Even more sexy and Devraj can always get it.

Jingle Bell Jock

The third story is more novella length and really the bulk of the novel with about 100 pages. It takes place during Witches Get Stitches. We've met best friends Charlie and JJ they are part of the Savoie family. JJ is one of the head bartenders at their bar and Charlie is there a few times a week. When they go to a New Year's Eve party, JJ sees Charlie kiss a new boyfriend and suddenly finds it time to confront his feelings. When a few of the sisters talk with both JJ and Charlie separately letting them know that they belong together, JJ and Charlie both have to get past the fear of rejection and possibly losing their best friend. Quick thoughts: So heartwarming and the mutual pining was fantastic. It's Juliette, so there's so great scene and I love morning after shower scenes. Always so intimate and sweet!

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grim

The fourth short story takes place during Witches Get Stitches as well. Later on in that book we see Lavinia having issues with a grim called Gareth. This story is the prelude to their book and part of their first encounters. It's not their first meeting, but I think the 2nd and 3rd. They are competing to win a PR opportunity for a charity. Quick thoughts: I'm even more excited for Always Practice Safe Hex which should be out in June! I loved seeing more of Gareth and can't wait!

Jingle Spells

The final, and sweetest, story is for Nico and Violet from Witches Get Stitches. I can't remember which book, maybe their, but this story is set 2 years later. We get a hint that Evie might be pregnant earlier in one of the other stories and here we see Nico and Violet babysitting for the first time for Evie and Mateo! They had triplets and are about 15-months old. Quick thoughts: Is it too soon to ask for a spin-off for Savoie 2nd generation? But super sweet and with a little bit of steam!

Oh my gosh, I loved getting back to all of our couples from Stay A Spell and seeing some cute stories. I also loved getting to see JJ and Charlie get together and the teaser for Gareth and Livvy. I can't wait to read more from Juliette. She's one of my favorite authors and such a sweet person. I know I've raved about her before, but seriously, check her out. If you mainly read contemporary and aren't really into paranormal or fantasy, this is a great option to try. It's such a great blend with rom-com feels. Plus Juliette knows how to bring the steam. I can't wait to read more!

Have you read Walking in a Witchy Wonderland?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Walking in a Witchy Wonderland, Juliette Cross, 5-stars, 1 day, Paperback, 292 pages, published in 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...