Friday, December 31, 2021

Kate Daniels 7.5 & 7.6 by Gordon and Ilona Andrews

🍎🍎🍎🍎

After reading the first couple books for the Historical Romance Readathon, I was checking my tbr list and noticed I missed reading two novellas for the Kate Daniels readalong. Thankfully they are both shorter and I'm going to combine the two reviews. I didn't use either of these for any of my readathons or challenges since they were so short. The series is written by Ilona Andrews with the Curran POVs being writing by Gordon. The readalong is hosted by Stef, Megan and Heather. Also, I'm using the Curran POV Collection cover since one is a Curran POV, but it's actually not included in that collection.

7.5 Prequel to Magic Shifts

This is another short Curran POV and listed as the 10th short in the collection. I mentioned above that it's not included in the POV Collection for free on their website, but it is included in the full POV collection that's in the Small Magics anthology! I did give this 4-stars and enjoyed it. We get to see Kate, Curran and Julie moving into their new house after stepping down from the Pack. Julie and Curran are talking and he decides to share his history with Julie. He does this not only because she's family, but also to show that he trusts her and she is apart of his inner circle. I love seeing Curran get all paternal with Julie and it was a fun dynamic we haven't seen too much of. They talk while unpacking the kitchen and Kate ends up interrupting to so they can eat. Curran continues telling Julie his story and really I loved it to see them connecting and almost really becoming a family. Now that there isn't the pack underfoot anymore, I'm looking forward to how they all move forward together. 

7.6 Kate and Curran Texts, Dabwaha

Another fun text/twitter thread but in a different way. This one specifically is Kate and Curran debating if their series is better with the hero Rogan and heroine Nevada from the first three books of Ilona Andrew's newer series Hidden Legacy. Thankfully I've already read the first book and knew who they were. This was cute and fun, but didn't really lend much to the Kate Daniels universe. While I was there however, I looked over the other text threads to see if they would fit into where I'm at. The first on the page is I'll Be Right Back and is between Kate, Curran and Jim. They are waiting on Kate and end up seeing her fighting an octopus monster on tv. It was super cute and one of my favorites. The other one I read was The Dress. This would fit probably about this time in the books since we have Kate, Curran and Julie texting about Curran accidentally ruining Kate's white silk dress when doing laundry. Another super cute and fun text chain. There's one more left on the page and it's about someone named Conlan. Since I don't know who that is yet, I'll wait to read that one. If you haven't seen these before, they are free on their webiste!

I had a lot of fun reading more, but I have to say my favorites were the other text chains I added on my own. I love the little snippets that Ilona Andrews (and her husband) add to their series and am so sad that we're reaching the end of the series. I will definitely be trying to get through their backlist as soon as I can and maybe I'll keep up with the one or two books a month for fun!

Have you read Prequel to Magic Shifts or Kate and Curran Texts?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Prequel to Magic Shifts, Gordon Andrews, 4-stars, 0 days, eBook, 15 pages, published in 2015

STATISTICS: Kate and Curran Texts, Dabwaha, Ilona Andrews, 4-stars, 0 days, eBook, 4 pages, published in 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...