Thursday, December 9, 2021

Black FaRoFriday Wrap Up

 The last week of November was the Black FaRoFriday Readathon! It was hosted by the same ladies that do FaRoFeb, Fantasy Romance February. If you haven't heard about it before, check out their website. They also have monthly emails with new and upcoming releases and my tbr always increases when it comes! I was hoping to cover most of the prompts and to get through a few books, but I ended up not reading much over the Thanksgiving holiday. There was a lot going on and on top of that things at my morning job have been really stressful lately and I really needed the time off to recover. Also the first book I picked up was almost 500 pages and took longer for me to get through than expected. In cased you are seeing this after the fact, check out my tbr if you are looking for more fantasy romance ideas/recommendations! Below is my final checklist! Then I'll list out books read in order that I read them.

🔮 Wildest Dreams by Kristen Ashely - Covered new to you author, been on your tbr for a while, post a cover pic and tag FaRoFeb, epic fantasy, and witches.

🔮 The Undying King by Grace Draven - Covered post a cover pic and tag FaRoFeb, epic fantasy, historical setting and witches.

🔮 Retribution Clause by Ilona Andrews - Covered gods/mythology, buddy read, post a cover pick and tag FaRoFeb, portal fantasy and witches/shifters.

I had a lot of fun focusing on fantasy romance before getting into my historical and holiday/winter reads this month. I just wish that I had more reading time. I'm still happy with how many prompts ended up getting covered. February will be here before we know it and I can't wait to read more from all of these authors. My favorite would be The Undying King. I love Grace Draven and really enjoyed the novella. Her creativity and world building just blows me away more and more with every read. She's not only one of my favorite fantasy authors, but becoming one of my favorite authors. Period.

Did you participate in the Black FaRoFriday Readathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...