Monday, October 25, 2021

Smutathon TBR

Happy Monday!

I interrupt my review schedule to bring an emergency tbr! I've shifted today's review to tomorrow, so look for that tomorrow morning. We have a  new readathon that starts today, October 25th and runs through this Sunday, October 31st! It's the Smutathon and hosted by friends Riley Marie and Laney Kress! There will be a live show, but they are hosting it on Riley's channel on Saturday at 12pm CST. There is a bingo board, which I'll pop below!

They are doing a group book, The Lady of Rooksgrave Manor by Kathryn Moon. I recently read it for a Smart Women Read Romance live patreon review. I don't think I want to do a reread of it, partly due to having read it so recently and also I'm just not a fan of reverse harem and don't really want to reread it. Probably ever. Also, I have the Bang in the Night Bingo Challenge that ends the same day. Currently I have only one more book to read to get three bingos. Hopefully it'll also work for any of the prompts here. I'm also hoping to triple dip into the prompts for the 2nd board of Fall in Love. I'm not going to push myself too hard here, but am hoping to get a bingo. I'm not going for a black-out, I do not want to read reverse harem. I'm also not the biggest enemies to lovers, but we'll see what happens there.

πŸŒ™ I might have mentioned this in my other tbrs, but Gothikana by RuNyx is the Ravished by Romance book pick for October. I actually just started this, so this will work for  a few prompts including dark, published in 2021, taboo and new to you author.

πŸŒ™ For alien, I was looking for something that would fit my other prompts. Originally I was thinking about getting caught up in Zoey Draven's Hoarde Kings of Dakkar. I've read the first couple books in the series a couple years ago. Smart Women Read Romance recently did an episode on the first book in the series and it made me want to pick it back up. I also saw that she has a spin-off of her Warriors of Luxiria series (that I've read) and the first book is Wicked Captor (which fits the wicked in title prompt for Bang in the Night Bingo).

πŸŒ™ I recently read Tamed by the Troll by Tracy Lauren (review is set to come out Friday). I wanted to save the second book, Enthralling the Orc for later, but I might add it on this week.

πŸŒ™ I also was thinking of a Historical Paranormal book. I recently found Brooklyn Ann's Scandals with Bite series. She's a new author for me and I'm intrigued since the paranormal elements seem like it'll be more heavy.

πŸŒ™ Something in a completely different vein is Claire Kingsley. I've mentioned it before, but the third book in her Bailey Brothers series is Unraveling Him and this month's Smart Women Read Romance patreon live review. I binged the first three books this past week and really had to stop myself to not pick up the next one last night. I don't know if I want to go back and read the Miles Family series (Bailey Brothers is a spin-off and related to it) first before jumping into book 4, but I definitely want to read more of Claire soon.

πŸŒ™ Also in the surprisingly contemporary vein is Molly O'Hare. I keep finding her books in #tropetuesday posts on instagram and have gotten quite a few on my kindle. I'm not sure which one I want to pick up first, but I'm debating between her standalone Teased by Fire and her Stumbling Through Life series.

We'll see what I end up reading. I'm not going to do too much here and mainly just focus on working on my other challenges. I also have been wanting to go a little more mood reader with the Claire Kingsley, so I might just go off the rails completely. At least with the Smutathon it really just needs to be a steamy book. The prompts just lead more towards Halloween related themes. I'm also really feeling the Christmas and winter books that have been coming out. I'm so ready for the holiday vibes that come with the end of the year and Hallmark just started their Countdown to Christmas movies. We'll see what happens!

Are you participating in the Smutathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...