Thursday, January 28, 2021

Bound to a Warrior by Donna Fletcher

 

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

This will be one of the quickest reviews I've done turn-around time. I finished Bound to a Warrior by Donna Fletcher last night! I had this on my tbr, but when I saw that Jessen and Jen were reading Donna Fletcher I had to jump on the bandwagon. This is the first of her Warrior King series and I decided to go with this one first since the premise sounded awesome!

We first meet Mercy and Duncan chained together and forced to choose their deaths by either jumping off a cliff or stabbed by soldiers. Naturally they choose off the cliff hoping that the landing in the water wouldn't kill them. It was such a tension filled opener and hooked me right away. Plus the forced proximately trope was used so masterfully here. I did guess that Mercy was somehow related to the current king. The only think that I didn't like about the book was the abrupt ending. I think partly because I was enjoying it so much and then "bam! over!" Also, I was guessing that Duncan is the true king of Scotland and that was left as a cliffhanger for the rest of the series. I'm also excited to see who Bliss ends up paired with. Oh and Bryce! This book was just what I needed after Love Lettering to get me back in the historical romance mindset.

If I didn't have a couple other books to read first before continuing on with next book Loved by a Warrior, I would've started it last night. You best believe that I'll be adding those in to my rotation soon. I loved jumping into a new historical author and will really enjoy getting into Donna Fletcher's backlist. It might have to wait until March though with the Fantasy Romance February coming up! One more thing I had to mention, her covers. They are so gorgeous and these are being added to my wish list pronto!

Have you read Bound to a Warrior?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Bound to a Warrior, Donna Fletcher, 5-stars, 2 days, eBook, 373 pages, Published 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...