Monday, September 27, 2021

Her Halloween Treat by Tiffany Reisz

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

I read Her Halloween Treat on the first day of fall! I'm so happy the seasons are changing and we are getting cooler weather. It's my happy place. But anyways, this is the first book in her Men At Work series. It's been on my radar since last year, but I found out about it a little late to fit into my Halloween reading. Now's the perfect time! I used this as my first read for the Bang in the Night Bingo and it can cover the prompts a dark, dark and stormy night, into the woods and trick or treat. I've also applied this to the prompt fall themed cover for Fall in Love.

Joey is returning home to Oregon from Hawaii for her brother's wedding. On her stop in LA, she decides to swing by and surprise her boyfriend of 2 years. She is devastated when his wife opens the door. Heading to Oregon earlier than expected, she finds Chris, her brother's best friend finishing up the cabin she'll be staying at. He's a contractor and has renovated the cabin. After her friend Kira urges her to sleep with the first man she sees, Joey can't help thinking about Chris that way. Chris has had a crush on Joey since high school, so they quickly find themselves caving to their desires.

This started off quickly and was such a treat (heh!) to read. I feel like them talking about their history and establishing there was a previous connection before really helped solidify their relationship later in the book. Not that you can't fall in love with a one-night stand, but it just felt a little more natural and realistic. I loved how real Joey felt and even though she was into Chris, she was upfront with her emotions being all over the place. Chris was such a geeky, sexy man and I loved him. I loved the weird sayings and metaphors they both kept using and really loved their banter.

Being a Harlequin, this was shorter read and things moved at a quicker pace. I think that the way Tiffany laid out the plot and relations between them kept it from feeling rushed. It was a quick pace, but didn't feel unnatural to me. It had everything I could want from a Harlequin romance. It's been forever since I've read one and this is definitely one of my favorites! Not overly cheesy at all. I'm definitely going to be picking up the next two books in the series, set around Thanksgiving and Christmas. I've heard these are a little different than her other books, but if you're looking for a sweet, spicy holiday read, definitely add this to your tbr!

Have you read Her Halloween Treat?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Her Halloween Treat, Tiffany Reisz, 5-stars, 2 days, eBook, 218 pages, published in 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...