Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Bang in the Night Bingo

Update: Wrap up is posted!

Happy almost spooky season! I hope September has been cooling off for you and getting you ready for fall and Halloween! We're still in the 80s and 90s here in Northern Colorado which as been super fun (sarcasm alert)! On a happier note, there is a book club hosted mostly on instagram called But Do They Bang? It's hosted by Jacque, Beth and Melissa. I haven't participated in too many of the books, but do keep track of what they're reading. Recently they announced a spooky season bingo called Bang in the Night! Below is the board!

The bingo runs from September 22 (the 1st day of Autumn) through October 31st, Halloween! They are doing giveaways for bingos, but there are a couple rules. You can only apply one book to 3 prompts max. To enter for prizes you need to tag the hosts when you share your bingo. If you share progress on instagram or twitter, make sure to also use the #BangInTheNightBingo hashtag. 

I am also participating in the Fall In Love challenge, so a lot of books will cross between them. Check out my tbr/idea list for more ideas. I will try to just stick with ones that aren't already mentioned there for this post. I'm also going to be sticking to books that were already on my tbr or radar when going through lists on goodreads. There are a couple prompts I'm still not sure on, but they said they'll be recs and ideas posted when it gets closer. If you want more options, definitely check out all of their twitters and instas! Now, here are my ideas!

πŸ¦‡ Before we get into specific tropes, there are a couple ideas I'll be working on that might work for various prompts. This month's Smart Women Read Romance exclusive patreon review will be for How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper. There's no decision on the October book yet, that will be discussed during the review later this month. This might cause me to jump back into Molly Harper (one of my favorite paranormal authors). I'll also be joining the read-a-long for Ilona Andrew's Kate Daniels series. There's going to be a couple books a month and it's an urban fantasy series with romantic elements. It's been on my tbr for a while, so I'm excited to finally start it. It's hosted by Heather, Stef and Megan.

πŸ¦‡ As for releases in October, I have several that are coming out that I'm excited for, but they're all at the end of the month. The only main one that I can think of that's earlier in the month is Walking in a Witchy Wonderland by Juliette Cross. Cathy Yardley is also starting a new series and the first book is Love, Comment, Subscribe and is out on the 1st. I also went through a list on goodreads of anticipated released from October 2020 and had several books that I've been wanting to read. They include The Bookworm's Guide to Dating by Emma Hart, Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade (book two is one of the releases October 2021 I'm excited for), and Love is a Rogue by Lenora Bell (book two comes out later this month). There are more, but I'm trying not to have too many ideas.

πŸ¦‡ For gothic romance, I didn't see too many options that I already had marked as "want to read." I don't quite understand what differentiates gothic romance. I did find a couple different lists though and saw a couple options. There was The Widow of Rose House by Diana Biller, Too Wicked To Kiss by Erica Ridley and Ann Aguirre's Gothic Fairytales series.

πŸ¦‡ Another prompt is tarot/astrology. I did want to mention that the previous Stay a Spell series by Juliette Cross have had those, so the holiday novella I mentioned above might as well. I also saw The Beginning of Everything by Kristen Ashely, Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Lord Lightning by Jenny Brown.

πŸ¦‡ As for the Halloween themes prompts, I have several Halloween themes books on my tbr that I'd love to get to this season. Tiffany Reisz's Her Halloween Treat, Crazy, Sexy, Goulish by G.G. Andrew, Halloween Boo by Sarah Spade and Captive Bride by Katharine Ashe.

πŸ¦‡ Hades and Persephone retellings is a big prompt. I've read quite a few and if you haven't read Hades by Alessa Thorn, I highly recommend it. Based on a list I saw that marked these as other retellings, I might pick up Pestilence by Laura Thalassa, Promise of Darkness by Bec McMaster, A Deal with the Elf King by Elise Kova and/or Hades by Carly Spade. Hades is a more recent find for me that's a contemporary retelling. Then there's always Lore Olympus on WebToon. One of my favorites!

πŸ¦‡ Some other options that I found scrolling through my tbr that might fit some prompts are The Kitchen Witch by Annette Blair and Escape the Monster Breeding Grounds by Amanda Clover. Escape the Monster Breeding Grounds is actually a "choose your own adventure" style book, so I thought that might be a fun option for the prompt "A Shocking Twist!" A popular monster romance lately is Morning Glory Milking Farm by C.M. Nascosta.

I'm super excited for a more generic Halloween bingo since I feel like a lot of them more focus on paranormal only around this time of year. I love paranormal, but this fits easier with my mood reading. I'm hoping to get at least one bingo, but with it being a little over a month I'm hoping for a black out! I don't know if I'll keep with using one book per prompt, but we'll see how much I end up reading as we get towards the end of October. My reading has definitely slowed down this month, but it could pick back up.

Will you be participating in Bang in the Night Bingo?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...