Saturday, October 2, 2021

Paranormal Romance Readathon

Update: Wrap Up is posted!

The Paranormal Romance Readathon is back! It's hosted by the lovely ladies that also do the Historical Romance Readathon, Jess, Lisa and Lacey! I participated in this readathon last year and really enjoyed it. This year they are following suit with the Love in the Night Readathon and hosting for just a weekend as well. It'll be next weekend, October 8th-10th. There is a mini bingo board (below). I actually have plans that weekend on Saturday and Sunday morning, so I might start it early on Thursday and maybe run through Monday. It all depends on if the plans come to fruition (family is potentially coming in from out of state).

Since it's a smaller board and novella is the center, I'm hoping to read at least two books, one a novella that would also cover at least one other space. Heck, maybe I could cover almost all of the prompts with one! Below is my idea list and hopefully I can get to a couple of them! Now, I have active tbr/idea lists for Fall in Love, Bang in the Night Bingo and the Love in the Night Readathon. There are a few duplicates between those three, so I'm going to try to list something different here, but any of those books could also work for these prompts. Also, since I stuck to mainly shifters for the Love in the Night Readathon, I'll try to go with other paranormal creatures here, although a shifter or two may sneak their way in!

πŸŽƒ Jen, The Book Refuge, has a discord and hosts a buddy read. She took a couple months off, but is back this month. She did a poll and the book that won was Hollow Heathens by Nicole Fiorina. I have never heard of this book before, so I do want to try to read it this month.

πŸŽƒ A novella I heard a lot about last year was Halloween Boo by Sarah Spade. It sounds super cute and I feel like there aren't too many ghost romances out there.

πŸŽƒ A new find for me is Frozen by Meljean Brook. Another pen name for her is Milla Vane, the author behind one of my favorite fantasy romance series. I want to read books under this penname from her and hopefully can get a chance to get to this one soon. It looks like it incorporates Norse mythology, so I'm not sure if it's paranormal or fantasy, but I'm certainly intrigued.

πŸŽƒ A series I haven't started yet but want to try out is the Dark Sorcery series by Cheyenne McCray. It's a witch based series and used to be called Magic. I guess the books were re-edited or something and the series retitled.

πŸŽƒ Another new to me series is also a new series that started earlier this year by Susanna Allen. The first book is A Wolf in Duke's Clothing and is both a historical and paranormal romance!

πŸŽƒ Another series I haven't started yet but have heard good things about is Kristen Callihan's Darkest London. This is also a historical and paranormal romance series and the first book is Firelight.

πŸŽƒ A new release that came out at the end of September is The Ex Hex by Erin Sterling. I've heard its a lighter and fluffier paranormal. It's also a second chance romance, which I'm not the biggest fan of, but the blurb sounds cute.

πŸŽƒ Finally, I have another Molly Harper book. I know I've mentioned her a lot lately, but one book I haven't mentioned is her stand-alone Better Homes and Hauntings. I still haven't read it yet and it also has ghosts, just not as a main character.

Another weekend readathon and another long list. There's just too many paranormal romances I want to read. When used to read back in high school and college, outside of my romantic suspense phase, I mainly read paranormal if I was picking up a romance. There was a lot on my tbr at that time, and having kind of moved away from paranormal there is quite a bit that I still haven't gotten to or missed completely. I feel like next year I want to try to spread my reads across genres a little better on a monthly basis, but I'm mostly a mood reader. We'll see what happens!

Are you participating in the Paranormal Romance Readathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...