Monday, October 18, 2021

Magic Dreams by Kate Daniels

🍎🍎🍎🍎

The next novella for the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews is Magic Dreams. This is listed as 4.5 and was also included in the Hexed anthology. I read this as part of the Kate Daniels readalong hosted by Stef, Heather and Megan. I also was able to use this for the prompt orange on the cover for Fall In Love. It also covered the Bang in the Night Bingo prompts howlin' for you, who you gonna call?, I put a spell on you and CSI: crime scene investigation. I also read this during the Paranormal Romance Readathon and used it to cover the prompts part of a series, fated mates, ghost, novella and shifters.

For this novella we get a shift in perspective again. This time we get the POV of Dali. She's a blind, clumsy, vegetarian white tiger shifter. She's been crushing on Jim, the alpha of clan Cat. She arrives home after racing and finds Jim asleep on the floor of her bedroom. He's investigating some shifters that went missing and ended up getting dragged into it as well. It's up to Dali to use her magic to save Jim.

This was so fun! I loved seeing Jim loosen up a bit and not his stone-face that he uses with Kate. I also really enjoy Dali and how unique she is. We once again get to see more mythos incorporated into the world. Dali is Indonesian and the ghost then end up fighting is a Yokai, from Japanese culture. I loved getting to see more of the Asian mythos and had such a fun time. At the end we also see Dali end up rescuing someone that has something to do with Dragons. I'm sure he's not just a throwaway character, but I want him to show up again. Plus, is he a dragon shifter or does he just have dragon magic? I need to know. I can't wait!

This was such a fun and sweet novella. We get to see Dali and Jim finally admit their feelings for each other and start building a romantic relationship. I am 100% a cat person and love seeing cat shifters. Yes Curran is a great hero and is a primordial cat shifter, but there's something very alluring about Jim to me. I can't wait to see if future novellas are from Dali and Jim's POV and hope to see their relationship progress in the background. These novellas are so great for giving me the craving for more in this world, but also not getting into the heaviness that Kate deals with. So good!

Have you read Magic Dreams?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Magic Dreams, Ilona Andrews, 4-stars, 0 days, eBook, 86 pages, published in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...