Monday, October 4, 2021

End of Year Book Tag

Time for another book tag! I first saw this one thanks to Crystal from Crystal's Bookish Life! She's one of my favorite booktubers to watch and has the cutest dog Cosmo. Definitely check her out if you haven't yet! Now, despite the name, this is a book tag focusing on your plans for the rest of the year and not a wrap up tag. Let's do the thing!

1. Are there any books you started this year you need to finish?
Outside of what I'm currently reading, nope. I'm pretty good at finishing what I start. I mean at this point I have only one DNF and I don't plan on picking it up again.

2. Do you have a autumnal book to transition to the end of the year?
Not really. I do tend to read more paranormal this time of year. Although, this kind of goes with fall, but I tend to read more hockey (and other fall sports) romances late summer and fall. Mostly because I'm getting hyped for hockey coming back. This year I didn't really pick up many, but I kind of want to reread at least Mister Hockey by Lia Riley.

3. Is there a new release you're still waiting for?
I mean, I have a quite a list of preorders that are supposed to come out later this month. I do have a couple books I'm keeping my eyes for November and December as well. Most are mentioned in my Mid-Year Freak Out Tag. The ones that aren't are mentioned are Walking in a Witchy Wonderland by Juliette Cross (out Tuesday!) and The Lady Gets Lucky by Joanna Shupe (out 10/26 & look at that gorgeous cover). Also recently announced was The Wit and Wisdom of Bridgerton by Julia Quinn, but it's more of an official guide.

4. Three books you want to read before the end of the year?
Well, outside of any new releases, this was harder to narrow down to just three. I think if I look at my backlists or more current reads... First is Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade. It's been on my tbr forever and I have the paperback copy. The second book comes out in late Ocotber, so I should finally get to, especially with the hype having lowered lately. Two, I want to get to Marriage for One by Ella Maise. I really enjoyed reading her recently and have heard good things about it. I also need to finally start Molly Harper's Mystic Bayou series; the first book is How to Date a Dragon.

5. Is there a book you think could still shock you and become a favorite of the year?
Sure. I still have a lot of reading left in the year and can't wait! Outside of new releases that might blow me away, I'm always looking to add a new author and/or series. In the past couple months I've already found several new contemporary authors and their books are definitely in the running for my favorites of the year.

6. Reading plans for next year?
So I don't usually plan too much into the future outside of book club books (if they happen to be announced early). I do know that the Kate Daniels readalong is currently planned to finish the series in February and start the spin-off Aurelia Ryder in March. Outside of that, just any new releases I know that are coming out that I'm super excited for. I do have a list of ideas for tweaks to how I'm doing reviews on here and with my book tracking. When we get closer to the end of the year and I firm up what changes I'll be making, I'll post the updates!

I had a lot of fun thinking about what's to come. This was also a shorter book tag with more precise questions I feel like. I definitely didn't get quite as rambly as I tend too. I can't wait to see what new books I find and how things end up. A little possible teaser, I'm thinking for my yearly wrap up of doing a bracket style competition to find my favorite books. I know for sure I'll be separating out historicals and doing a separate bracket there, but I'll have to see how my stats end up looking. If you also do the End of Year Book Tag, let me know so I can check it out!

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...