Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

The fourth book in Ilona Andrew's Kate Daniels series is Magic Bleeds. I am reading this series, finally, thanks to the lovely Stef, Heather and Megan. They are hosting a readalong with a couple books and/or novellas discussed a month. I was also able to use this for the Bang in the Night Bingo covering the prompts howlin' for you, I put a spell on you, #squadgoals, a shocking twist! and CSI: crime scene investigation. Magic Bleeds also covers the prompt published before 2021 for Fall In Love. I also read this during the Paranormal Romance Readathon and it covered the prompts part of a series, fated mates and shifters.

Kate gets called to a new case at a bar. When she arrives she finds someone being eaten alive by a disease and immediately works to block the magical contaminant. There's someone new in town that has power over diseases and Kate needs to step up. They also seem to have the power to cause shifters to go wild. Kate goes about trying to solve the case while avoiding the Pack. Not only does she not want to see those she's gotten close to go wild, but she's been avoiding Beast Lord Curran.

First off, I highly recommend reading the parts of Curran POV before reading this book. It gets laid out pretty well, but I really recommend it. There are several stories that cover both scenes in Magic Strikes as well as a couple short stories that are between Magic Strikes and Magic Bleeds. I ended up reading it this way because I wanted to read more Kate Daniels, but it was already late. I decided to see which stories from Curran POV I was able to get to so far.

I really enjoyed this book. We finally get to see Kate and Curran break the tension and get steamy! We get a little bit of Saiman, but I did want more. The way that the series is evolving is really well done. I love that we get more Derek and Jim, although I wanted more. We also see Andrea, but she kind of disappears at the end. I did get a little frustrated with both Curran and Kate. They both were so wrapped up in their feels and weren't thinking of the other so much. It helped before going into this that I had read about the misunderstanding, otherwise I think I would've been more frustrated with Curran. While they kind of work things out, I wanted there to be more realization from Curran of how deeply he hurt Kate. However, as I keep saying, this is an Urban Fantasy with romance. If the romance isn't quite perfect, okay. Just with the fact that he's alpha and wanting to care for Kate didn't quite fit with him not realizing she was hurting emotionally.

I'm super excited to continue the series and can't wait for more. I mentioned this in my Paranormal Romance Readathon wrap up, but I'm not sure if I can wait until next month to pick up the next assigned reads. I though about picking up one of their other series but I don't want to be jumping around too much. I know that they should differ enough I wouldn't get the worlds mixed up, but I think I'll just hold on. I'm certainly going to continue to read their books though. I really need to get caught up on the Hidden Legacy series as well. Maybe that'll be my next plan for Ilona Andrews before the next book comes out, hopefully next year!

Have you read Magic Bleeds?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Magic Bleeds, Ilona Andrews, 5-stars, 2 days, eBook, 349 pages, published in 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...