Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Love in the Night Round 3 Wrap Up

 So we come to the end of another weekend readathon. This past weekend was the third round of the Love in the Night Readathon. It's hosted by Shae, Crystal, Izzy, Stef, and Laura. Shae mentioned there might be a live video this upcoming weekend, but I haven't seen anything posted yet. I could've have missed it.

So I went into this weekend with the best intentions. My goal was 3 books, easily doable especially with the readathon lasting through Monday. Friday night, I didn't get the chance to read. I had looked earlier in the morning for an audiobook to listen to at work, but none of the shifter romances I wanted to read were available in my library apps. Okay, no worries, we still had all day Saturday and Sunday. Saturday, I again did not pick up a book. I ended up starting a new project that morning and by the time I sat down in the afternoon, I just wanted to zone out. I ended up half-watching some soap tutorial videos on YouTube, thank you Royalty Soaps. Do I make soap? Nope. Do I want to make soap, not particularly. I do enjoy Katie's videos and how positive she is. I haven't stayed up to date on most of the youtubers I try to follow, so kind of went on a binge.

Sunday started out with my normal chores, made pancakes for breakfast (and the week). I finally got a chance to read about 12 noon, just a couple hours before the Bronco game. I managed to read the book I started that night and was able to cram in a novella Monday night during and after the Avalanche game. So I only read 2 with my goal having been 3, but that's okay. I read two books I really liked and didn't want to force myself to read something when I wasn't in the mood. But let's shift gears. My minor wrap up is below!

1. Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews. This covered the scavenger hunt clues fated mate, alpha male, what big teeth you have and shift, baby shift!

2. Magic Mourns by Ilona Andrews. This covered the clues fated mate, what big teeth you have and shift, baby shift.

Just two books, but for a busy weekend I'm still happy that I was able to at least read these two. The third book I had planned was to just pick up a shifter book (since those seemed to cover all the clues better), so I don't feel too bad about not meeting my tbr. The two books I had to read this weekend, were done. The reviews will be linked as they are posted! I'm a little sad it was only a weekend long readathon, but with so many other events happening, I'm just trying to pick books that cover prompts in each one.

Did you participate in the Love in the Night Readathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...