Saturday, September 25, 2021

Love in the Night Readathon Round 3 TBR

Update: Wrap Up is posted!

Happy Saturday!

I can't believe it's already the last weekend in September and October is just around the corner. That means it's spoopy time! I love Halloween, but the lighter side of it. If you don't already know, I'm not one for horror. It just doesn't work for me. Hell, there was a really good kdrama a few years ago called The Master's Sun (which I adored), but had a friend of mine watch with me to help calm me from the scary ghost stuff. Let's be honest, it wasn't that scary, but I did need assistance. So yeah, wimp supreme here.

But back to the readathon. Love in the Night is back for round 3! It's hosted by most of the same hosts, Shae, Izzy, Crystal, Stef and Laura. This time they are going for a long weekend, with the readathon running from Friday October 1st through Monday, October 4th. I'm happy to have another weekend readathon that includes both Friday and Monday! Since it's a shorter time, they are doing a scavenger hunt instead of a bingo board. The "clues" are below!

As you can see, there are only 5 prompts. If you read just one shifter book over the weekend, there's a pretty good chance you'll meet all the prompts. I'm hoping to get through 3 over the weekend, but we'll see what happens. I'll also be looking to get some prompts covered for Fall in Love and Bang in the Night Bingo! Check out those tbrs for more ideas, but I'll also list some tailored ideas below!

🐺 I've been participating in the Kate Daniels readalong, so I'd like to read at least the next book I have since the next live is October 15th. Another Ilona Andrews option is her The Edge series since I've been really into her writing recently.

🐺 Another author I want to get through more of the backlist of is Juliette Cross. I can continue in her Nightwing (dragon shifter) series, or pick up her Vampire Blood series. I've also been wanting to reread Stay a Spell as well, so that's another option.

🐺 More reread options I have is G.A. Aiken's Dragon Kin series. I've been wanting to reread it for a while now, but I just haven't picked it up. I know her newer series, The Scarred Earth Saga, is a spin-off or related. She also writes under the name Shelly Laurenston and writes a lot of shifter romances. I loved the Pride series and have been wanting to reread it as well. Or I can finally get around to starting her Honey Badger Chronicles series (with honey badger shifters, which are introduced in her Pride series).

🐺 I can also pick up one of my favorite paranormal authors, Molly Harper. The next book I have to read in her Half-Moon Hollow is Nice Werewolves Don't Bite Vampires. Or I can finally start her Mystic Bayou series.

🐺 Another series I can continue is one of Felicity Heaton's. I know the next book I have in her Eternal Mates series is about a dragon shifter. I also want to finish her Cougar Creek Mates series so I can get to her spin-off, Black Ridge Bears.

🐺 If I'm looking for a new author to pick up, I saw that Gena Showalter's Atlantis series has shifters. Another author would be Terry Spear and her Heart of the Wolf and Highland Wolf series. There's also Shana Abe's Drakon series with dragon shifters. I've also been wanting to start Kristen Ashley's Fantasyland series since Smart Women Read Romance did an episode on book 2 recently. I can't quite figure out if the first book is about a dragon shifter, or someone with dragon affinity though. I'm also interested in trying Celia Kyle's Bears of Grayslake series.

🐺 Some other options I have are picking back up Vicki Lewis Thompson's Wild About You series. I've read the first couple books a few years ago, so I'd want to reread those before moving forward. I also want to pick up the next Immortals After Dark book by Kresley Cole. The last idea I have right now is Alanea Alder's Bewitched and Bewildered. The next book I have is book 3, which is about a wolf-shifter.

So I have a lot of options and ideas, almost too many for the weekend readathon. With a shifter focus, I almost went too crazy looking at my series to continue lists and lists on goodreads. I have really come to appreciate shifters after growing up a vampire girl. I certainly prefer romance novel shifters, that's for sure. The family focus, touchy-feely shifters just do it for me. Plus I love alphas, so it hits a lot of my buttons. 

I think for sure I want to read at least one Kate Daniels book, but I might save it for the end of the weekend. I know I'll end up wanting to binge the next books. I'd like to read at least two different authors, but we'll see what happens! If you'd like more options, check out my tbr and wrap up from round 2! I'll be updating in my stories like usual if you want more updated real time.

Are you participating in Round 3 of the Love in the Night Readathon?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...