Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Remembering a Witch by Lauren Connolly

🍎🍎🍎🍎

Saturday night I was doing a little bit of organizing of my bookshelves while on the phone. I ended up pulling my paperback copy of Remembering a Witch by Lauren Connolly to read. I ordered this last year for a readathon, but never got to it. This is a standalone novella. It was inspired by the #justiceforfenella. The hashtag was created by the Heaving Bosoms podcast when they reviewed The Highlander Takes a Bride by Lynsay Sands. It ended up being a two-parter and one of my favorites of their episodes. They just crack me up when they go completely off the rails! I was able to use this for the green on cover prompt for Fall in Love. This also covers the I put a spell on you and into the woods prompts for the Bang in the Night Bingo.

Fenella has been having dreams about a previous life; she is the reincarnation of an ancestor of hers, Marabella. Her dreams have been the memories of Marabella and her love Henry. While walking her dog at the local college campus, Fenella runs across a new professor Graham, who is the spitting image of Henry. They are both drawn together, but is their love truly theirs?

I really enjoyed this novella. I do wish it was a little longer, but only because I loved it. The way that Lauren set up the magic system was really intriguing and I wanted to learn more about both Fenella's and Graham's magic. I also really enjoyed how she was able to enter the previous memories/dreams and witness what happened in the past. I also loved her familiar Daisy, the sweetest little pit bull. There was a time jump in here, but I feel like with how short it is it made sense. We also get to see that they've been together six months and it helped the book not feel rushed.

I'm certainly intrigued to read more and am so happy that I was able to find Lauren through Heaving Bosoms. Also, she apparently here in Colorado, so that's always fun too! I love supporting authors from my state. I hope that Lauren writes more in this world, whether it's extending Fenella's and Graham's story or not. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on her socials in case she writes anything else.

Have you read Remembering a Witch?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Remembering a Witch, Lauren Connolly, 4-stars, 0 days, paperback, 70 pages, published in 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...